Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Any updates?
    How is the lift performing?
    Have you had it out wheeling?
    Thanks
    2me

Snarf has been away on vacation.... He defiantly owes us an update.

Hey Rexx19
    Thanks!
    Can't wait to see how Metal Cloak is performing over the months.

I saw a guy at a jeep event this past weekend, who loved his Metal Cloak LCAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    Snarf has been away on vacation.... He defiantly owes us an update.
    I do owe an update. I've had this off-roading only once since completion. I qualify off-roading as driving a trail that most 4x4s could not pass through un-assisted and that would challenge a stock jeep/driver. I went up to PA and spent a day running her around to see how she flexed and climbed. Overall..I'm impressed.

Having wheeled my stock jeep Rubicon many times - I was super thrilled at NOT having the "crunch" noise I was so used to when the skids bashed a rock. Thank you KM2s. Where I was wheeling, I didn't have the ability to air-down and back up..so that definitely limited some of my capability as I was wheeling on steep hills, over big rocks..at street pressure.

The gamechanger flexed without any real effort on my part. I just picked my lines and the lift did its job. I know that sounds a bit silly..but the fact that I didn't have any binding or swaybar issues, or odd noises was great. The thing flexes a lot. In fact..I think my bump stops are preventing my full ability to flex and tuck these KM2s.

I plan on heading up to Rausch Creek at the end of the month where I will air down and spend the day wheeling with some local jeepers in my area. Aired down, I plan to get some better idea of if I can remove a section of bumpstop without ripping off my overline fenders. I also need to make sure that my tire does't touch the front 6-pack shock under full compression.

Interestingly, my buddy Jeff now refers to each 6-pack shock as a "box-o-shocks" which is kinda catchy, and fairly accurate...since each has 3 pistons, and 3 reservoirs.

SO far I'm loving it...and i"m loving the simplicity. The on-road handling is much more gentle over bumps and much more level around turns. Very happy with my investment.

We should do a JeepLab Rausch Creek Trail ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    We should do a JeepLab Rausch Creek Trail ride!
    I'm in, whenever you guys are.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020650.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	852

Name:	P1020667.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	853

Name:	P1020688.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	854

Wow, you have lots of articulation there!

Quote Originally Posted by 2me View Post
    Wow, you have lots of articulation there!
    I know! Its very impressive, especially for a 2 door. I can't get over how well a fully bolt-on Metalcloak Gamechanger suspension allows for this kind of off road performance while I say more level around turns on the highway at speed. Just boggles the mind!

I have to figure out if I can take out a section of bumpstop without a tire hitting the overline fender.