Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I LOVE THE DURATRAC. If you are trying to go "polite" with your rig. Not loud not agressive, but good all around, and good in snow. Its too bad they dont go bigger. But if they did, i may never have discovered the KM2 which i feel is a superior tire.
    That's good to know. The KM2's came in second place to the Duratracs but I may have to try them on the next go 'round.

I am running falken Rocket Mountain ATS II (also known as wild peaks). They are 285/75-16's (got to love auto correct on phones), they aren't the most aggressive, but they handle well in the rain, and dirt. Haven't ran them offroad or in the snow yet. They look great and handle well. I am on stock 16" wheels with no spacers and currently no lift installed. There is only slight rubbing on the driver side sway bar at full lock.
    Last edited by ljvsnyder; 06-03-2014 at 08:35 AM.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    I am running falken Rocket Mountain ATS II (also known as wild peaks). They are /75-16's, they aren't the most aggressive, but they handle well in the rain, and dirt. Haven't ran them offroad or in the snow yet. They look great and handle well.
    what tire size?

These are Black Betty's tires at the time of this posting.

We HAD to go to 37s to show them crammed into a 2.5 inch lift. I was terrified of losing the power we had gained with the RIPP supercharger. I searched high and low for the lightest mud terrain tire, and the second thing I was looking for was sound, followed by ride quality. These do not disappoint in any of those categories.
    Hey JeepLab... I've been looking into upgrading to 37's and I've always remembered your posting on these tires. These tires interest me a lot but I have a question on the width. My Micky T's Baja ATZ's have a size written on them of 35"x12.5x20", however, when I measure the tire, they are actually 13.5" wide. I REALLLLLLLLY like the look of the 13.5" width vs. other 12.5" widths I've seen. On your KM2's, are they measuring at 12.5" wide or are they coming in wider? I see they offer a 38" but it is 14.5" wide. I like the 37" because they are only 4 lbs heavier than my 35" ATZ's, whereas the 38" is showing 16 lbs heavier than my ATZ's.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

I'll measure.

My tread is 9.5 inches, the tire is a little over 12.

I use a lot of pressure, so they are tall and thin. Would probably be wider with a wider rim. My rim is 8.5

My tread is 9.5 inches, the tire is a little over 12.

I use a lot of pressure, so they are tall and thin. Would probably be wider with a wider rim. My rim is 8.5
    Okay, thx. I just measured mine again (as it had been a while) and my treadblock is 10", and the tire overall is 12.5" to 12.75" (eyeballing it.) My rim is 10". What do you think the KM2's would flatten out to with a little lower pressure and a 10" rim?

You are for sure right on your research about those KM2's. Based on all my research, I really do think they are the best tire out there for all around every day use. I just wish they made them in a 13.5" wide. 35's in 12.5" look good, but add a little height to them and they get a little narrow looking. I've found some 37"x13.5" (Toyo's, etc.) but DANG do those tires get heavy quick, some upwards of 90+ lbs! Yours are seriously only a few lbs heavier than my Baja ATZ.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

We need to get the new BFG KO2 on this page. That thing is the white whale right now. Seen some pics, but no one's got them.

Are they available yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    We need to get the new BFG KO2 on this page. That thing is the white whale right now. Seen some pics, but no one's got them.

Are they available yet?
    WHAT!?!! Oh yeah, another tire to consider...

I LOVE it when the marketing department goes and talks with the engineers and says "what sort of cool things did you build into the product that we should let people know about?" That's the sense I get with this video...

http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1312...-in-the-works/

cool video. Lets see them in 37s!