Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    I need to find 35 inch tires that are rated at least an H 130 mph rating. The only ones so far are the Baja TA race tires and they cost a ton.
    Just how long you plan on traveling at 130 mph? I've seen your other post about racing in the desert. If memory serves, the speed ratings on tires is really about heat dissipation to prevent tire failure. If you are just doing a short run and then cooling down, I'm not sure that a lower rated tire would blow on you for that short of a run, especially on dirt. Shoot, I've never really even heard of a tire blowing because someone exceeded the speed rating. Most people are not racing their cars hard enough for the temps of the tire to come anywhere near what it would take for the tire to fail. This is part of the reason that tires state a higher pressure for higher speeds. Heat builds up faster in a lower inflated tire due to the expansion and contraction of the sidewall as it rotates. If you inflate it higher, it doesn't expand and contract as much, which keeps the temps down.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Your right to the extent of just flex and temps. I will only be at terminal for a short time. But what concerns me is the rotational speeds and the centrifugal forces applied to the tread surface. A 99 mph tire will se a huge jump in G Forces when it is subjected to a 50% increase in tire speed. I am not a tire engineer but my guess is that my life is not worth finding our. I lost a few friends racing the high speed races like the LaCarrera and the Silver State races. 3 were directly due to tire failure at speed on V rated tires. They were a 149 rating and we were going 180 to 200+. I just am being careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Your right to the extent of just flex and temps. I will only be at terminal for a short time. But what concerns me is the rotational speeds and the centrifugal forces applied to the tread surface. A 99 mph tire will se a huge jump in G Forces when it is subjected to a 50% increase in tire speed. I am not a tire engineer but my guess is that my life is not worth finding our. I lost a few friends racing the high speed races like the LaCarrera and the Silver State races. 3 were directly due to tire failure at speed on V rated tires. They were a 149 rating and we were going 180 to 200+. I just am being careful.
    I can't afford to lose an active member. Lets get the right tires on this rig.

Is the duratrac an H? I know the tech in that tire is recent and dependable. I think it would be my pick if i was going to risk my life in this fashion.