Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
I need to find 35 inch tires that are rated at least an H 130 mph rating. The only ones so far are the Baja TA race tires and they cost a ton.
Just how long you plan on traveling at 130 mph? I've seen your other post about racing in the desert. If memory serves, the speed ratings on tires is really about heat dissipation to prevent tire failure. If you are just doing a short run and then cooling down, I'm not sure that a lower rated tire would blow on you for that short of a run, especially on dirt. Shoot, I've never really even heard of a tire blowing because someone exceeded the speed rating. Most people are not racing their cars hard enough for the temps of the tire to come anywhere near what it would take for the tire to fail. This is part of the reason that tires state a higher pressure for higher speeds. Heat builds up faster in a lower inflated tire due to the expansion and contraction of the sidewall as it rotates. If you inflate it higher, it doesn't expand and contract as much, which keeps the temps down.