Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Im tire shopping.... Anyone with Goodyear MTRs?

Nitto Terra Grapplers
    These are on a 2013 JKU Sport S, it totes a soft top, AEV steel front and rear bumpers with their BB and Geometry Control brackets. The tires are sized P285 70 r17 s.
    Mud- These tires hold their own in mud, especially if aired down. Wet muddy fields and trails aren’t an issue until you get several inches deep. In red clay or swamp mud, throttle control was the key to keep momentum going. You’re going to have to spin through it.
    Snow- Great here lately on all the snow covered roads. Dry powdery snow isn’t a worry, and wet slush wasn’t an issue either…even the 7” that got dumped on us the other day. I feel the weight of the rig really helps in the snow and a light 2-door may want to air down a bit if you’re planning on spending the day in the snow.
    Rain- These tires channel water very well and I could only get the ABS to take over to early if I stood on the brakes in standing water. Highway speeds, lane changes, and braking were all great.
    Sound- These tires are just as quiet as the stock Jeep sport street tires at all speeds, pretty impressive.
    Ride and Braking- These tires took anything I threw at them on dry roads at 32 psi. Cornering, accelerating, braking, quick moves all were within the terra grappler’s abilities. Off the line the RIPP made sure that you left your mark…about 60’ of it.
    I would recommend these tires to someone who uses their Jeep as a daily driver, and sees moderate off road conditions. Aired down you can push them a little farther than you would think.
    Pros- Great bite for an AT. Long wear life, my friend got 65k miles on his 07 JKU with these.
    Cons- Not a ton of sidewall bite, but this is an AT tire. I felt myself giving this tire a bad rap at first, but I had to step back and stop judging them off road against my mud grapplers. After that I was able to give them a better review for what they are made for.

Here are the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

I like the lug pattern on those terragrapplers.

Is there a window cut in the lower part of the driver's door?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Is there a window cut in the lower part of the driver's door?
    Haha nah, that's just a reflection from his basement window

So my nitto mud 35x12.50r17 weighs 11bs more than a 37x12.5r17 BFG KM2. That's depressing

I like my 315 Duratracs. Like was said earlier they are small for their size and don't come any bigger.

I noticed they were really quiet on the road until I rotated them. The decibel level did go up some but I've either gotten use to it or they have quieted back down.

I might have to try a true 35 once these wear out.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    I like my 315 Duratracs. Like was said earlier they are small for their size and don't come any bigger.

I noticed they were really quiet on the road until I rotated them. The decibel level did go up some but I've either gotten use to it or they have quieted back down.

I might have to try a true 35 once these wear out.

I LOVE THE DURATRAC. If you are trying to go "polite" with your rig. Not loud not agressive, but good all around, and good in snow. Its too bad they dont go bigger. But if they did, i may never have discovered the KM2 which i feel is a superior tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Deola View Post
    So my nitto mud 35x12.50r17 weighs 11bs more than a 37x12.5r17 BFG KM2. That's depressing
    The noise those grapplers make is also depressing. But yours is a pure trail rig, speed and fuel economy are secondary to offroad performance.

Also that extra weight is somewhere on the tire. Maybe more ply? maybe thicker tread?

For pure offroad abuse, the extra weight might work for you.

I wheel about 20 times per year. The rest of the time im on the road with my foot planted in the gas pedal. In that situation, the lightest tire wins.