Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I like the lug pattern on those terragrapplers.

Is there a window cut in the lower part of the driver's door?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Is there a window cut in the lower part of the driver's door?
    Haha nah, that's just a reflection from his basement window

So my nitto mud 35x12.50r17 weighs 11bs more than a 37x12.5r17 BFG KM2. That's depressing

I like my 315 Duratracs. Like was said earlier they are small for their size and don't come any bigger.

I noticed they were really quiet on the road until I rotated them. The decibel level did go up some but I've either gotten use to it or they have quieted back down.

I might have to try a true 35 once these wear out.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    I like my 315 Duratracs. Like was said earlier they are small for their size and don't come any bigger.

I noticed they were really quiet on the road until I rotated them. The decibel level did go up some but I've either gotten use to it or they have quieted back down.

I might have to try a true 35 once these wear out.

I LOVE THE DURATRAC. If you are trying to go "polite" with your rig. Not loud not agressive, but good all around, and good in snow. Its too bad they dont go bigger. But if they did, i may never have discovered the KM2 which i feel is a superior tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Deola View Post
    So my nitto mud 35x12.50r17 weighs 11bs more than a 37x12.5r17 BFG KM2. That's depressing
    The noise those grapplers make is also depressing. But yours is a pure trail rig, speed and fuel economy are secondary to offroad performance.

Also that extra weight is somewhere on the tire. Maybe more ply? maybe thicker tread?

For pure offroad abuse, the extra weight might work for you.

I wheel about 20 times per year. The rest of the time im on the road with my foot planted in the gas pedal. In that situation, the lightest tire wins.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I LOVE THE DURATRAC. If you are trying to go "polite" with your rig. Not loud not agressive, but good all around, and good in snow. Its too bad they dont go bigger. But if they did, i may never have discovered the KM2 which i feel is a superior tire.
    That's good to know. The KM2's came in second place to the Duratracs but I may have to try them on the next go 'round.

I am running falken Rocket Mountain ATS II (also known as wild peaks). They are 285/75-16's (got to love auto correct on phones), they aren't the most aggressive, but they handle well in the rain, and dirt. Haven't ran them offroad or in the snow yet. They look great and handle well. I am on stock 16" wheels with no spacers and currently no lift installed. There is only slight rubbing on the driver side sway bar at full lock.
    Last edited by ljvsnyder; 06-03-2014 at 08:35 AM.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    I am running falken Rocket Mountain ATS II (also known as wild peaks). They are /75-16's, they aren't the most aggressive, but they handle well in the rain, and dirt. Haven't ran them offroad or in the snow yet. They look great and handle well.
    what tire size?