Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    That video makes me want those tires. LOL

every situation seems to be addressed, but really, its just a video until we put that rubber to the test.

They would really have to be incredible for me to trade the KM2s Betty wears now. (but I do like the snowflake rating)

Well done BFG.

If these come out soon, I'll consider them, otherwise, I'm leaning towards either 37" Toyo Open Country M/T, or 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers. I really like the KM2's, I love how light they are, but I just really want a wider tire and so far it appears the Toyo and Nitto both come in 13.5" wide, and reviews show them to be about the quietest tire in this width that you can get. I already have a set of studded Duratrack's that I'll use for winter driving so I can opt for a more specific tire for summer time.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    If these come out soon, I'll consider them, otherwise, I'm leaning towards either 37" Toyo Open Country M/T, or 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers. I really like the KM2's, I love how light they are, but I just really want a wider tire and so far it appears the Toyo and Nitto both come in 13.5" wide, and reviews show them to be about the quietest tire in this width that you can get. I already have a set of studded Duratrack's that I'll use for winter driving so I can opt for a more specific tire for summer time.
    Wide tires decrease down pressure, become "floaty"

How big are your rims?

Overall tire size you are going with? (duratracs are small)

Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post
    Wide tires decrease down pressure, become "floaty"

How big are your rims?

Overall tire size you are going with? (duratracs are small)
    Rims are 20x10's. That's okay if it's a touch more floaty than my current Baja ATZ's. Those are 12.5" wide tires, but the actual tread block on them is pretty wide compared to other 12.5" wide tires. This is my kicken around car. It is only my 'daily driver' because I love driving it every day. I have another vehicle that I jump in for cruising, bad weather, etc. I expect my baby to be a little twitchy, that's what gives him personality!

I'm looking at the 37x13.5x20 from Toyo or Nitto. The BFG's only come in 37x12.5x20's and even then, the BFG's seem to have a much more narrow tread pattern than others, so it really gives the tire a very tall and thin look. Now, I like to have a good driving vehicle just as much as the next, but since this is my fun vehicle, it's nice if some of my $$$ goes into attitude/style a bit as well.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Rims are 20x10's. That's okay if it's a touch more floaty than my current Baja ATZ's. Those are 12.5" wide tires, but the actual tread block on them is pretty wide compared to other 12.5" wide tires. This is my kicken around car. It is only my 'daily driver' because I love driving it every day. I have another vehicle that I jump in for cruising, bad weather, etc. I expect my baby to be a little twitchy, that's what gives him personality!

I'm looking at the 37x13.5x20 from Toyo or Nitto. The BFG's only come in 37x12.5x20's and even then, the BFG's seem to have a much more narrow tread pattern than others, so it really gives the tire a very tall and thin look. Now, I like to have a good driving vehicle just as much as the next, but since this is my fun vehicle, it's nice if some of my $$$ goes into attitude/style a bit as well.
    20s???? I just spilled my coffee!

You need to go to 40s on the tire. leave some room to air down!

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    20s???? I just spilled my coffee!

You need to go to 40s on the tire. leave some room to air down!
    I agree timmy, you should be shopping for 40s! LOL

We should all get 40s!

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I agree timmy, you should be shopping for 40s! LOL

We should all get 40s!
    Haha, I'd love to get 40's, except for two issues. #1, I'd really need a supercharger for sure with them mofo's on there. #2, It really seems once you get past 37" or 38" tires, then you need to start modifying more stuff on the Jeep, AGAIN. I'm at a 4" lift now, and everything is working just peachy at the moment with 35". I think I can squeeze 37" tires in without any major change in how well it is driving now.

Jeep came with 20" rims on it. I personally like 18" rims, but hey, got the Jeep at a super price with the wheels and tires that are on it. Now, this being said, one of the wonderful things about the 20" rims is that the tire weight is less.

[Now, just between us Jeep peeps... When I get the 37" tires, I do expect the Jeep to be slower, at which point I'll have to tell the wife "dang, the Jeep is sooooooo slow now, I need to add a supercharger!"]

Jeep came with 20" rims on it. I personally like 18" rims, but hey, got the Jeep at a super price with the wheels and tires that are on it. Now, this being said, one of the wonderful things about the 20" rims is that the tire weight is less.
    I dont think tires get lighter at 20s. I think they have to thicken up the sidewall.

The 38x14.5 is over the line i think. 37x12.5 is a the last level that the truck can handle well.

Someone with 38s, please give us a first hand account.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    The 38x14.5 is over the line i think. 37x12.5 is a the last level that the truck can handle well.

Someone with 38s, please give us a first hand account.
    Ive been thinking this same thing, about 37x12 to 38x14, Jeremy of RK loves a wide 38. Need a LOT of backspace.