Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Rims are 20x10's. That's okay if it's a touch more floaty than my current Baja ATZ's. Those are 12.5" wide tires, but the actual tread block on them is pretty wide compared to other 12.5" wide tires. This is my kicken around car. It is only my 'daily driver' because I love driving it every day. I have another vehicle that I jump in for cruising, bad weather, etc. I expect my baby to be a little twitchy, that's what gives him personality!

I'm looking at the 37x13.5x20 from Toyo or Nitto. The BFG's only come in 37x12.5x20's and even then, the BFG's seem to have a much more narrow tread pattern than others, so it really gives the tire a very tall and thin look. Now, I like to have a good driving vehicle just as much as the next, but since this is my fun vehicle, it's nice if some of my $$$ goes into attitude/style a bit as well.
    20s???? I just spilled my coffee!

You need to go to 40s on the tire. leave some room to air down!

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    20s???? I just spilled my coffee!

You need to go to 40s on the tire. leave some room to air down!
    I agree timmy, you should be shopping for 40s! LOL

We should all get 40s!

The 38x14.5 is over the line i think. 37x12.5 is a the last level that the truck can handle well.

Someone with 38s, please give us a first hand account.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    The 38x14.5 is over the line i think. 37x12.5 is a the last level that the truck can handle well.

Someone with 38s, please give us a first hand account.
    Ive been thinking this same thing, about 37x12 to 38x14, Jeremy of RK loves a wide 38. Need a LOT of backspace.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Ive been thinking this same thing, about 37x12 to 38x14, Jeremy of RK loves a wide 38. Need a LOT of backspace.
    Wide tires get floaty, Floaty tires are good for mud, but bad for rain, snow etc. They would probably look great, but you might be going past a good working wheeler, into more of a show jeep.

It gets my goat when im at a show and everyone is soooo impressed with a jeep with 44 inch tires. I want to tell them, that its not a GOOD jeep with tires that big. It only looks good to people who dont know what they are looking at.

rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    Wide tires get floaty, Floaty tires are good for mud, but bad for rain, snow etc. They would probably look great, but you might be going past a good working wheeler, into more of a show jeep.

It gets my goat when im at a show and everyone is soooo impressed with a jeep with 44 inch tires. I want to tell them, that its not a GOOD jeep with tires that big. It only looks good to people who dont know what they are looking at.

rant over.
    TOTALLY X2 then that rediculous monstrosity wins the show, and im sorry i paid 5 bucks to get in. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post

rant over.
    Fear not the 44" tire, as it CAN actually be used for off-road. Fear this instead...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jkbling.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	995
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Fear not the 44" tire, as it CAN actually be used for off-road. Fear this instead...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jkbling.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	995
    Ripp would say this guy was "doing it wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Ooooh, I'd love a 38x14, but I'm thinking that will be too much. That's why I think I'll go for 37x13.5. Sort of a nice halfway. My XD Bully wheels have a -44 offset, and kick the wheel out pretty far so I don't think I'll have any issue with rubbing on a 37x13.5.

Before I pull the trigger on these though, I've been looking at the need to upgrade the rear tire carrier first. My 35" tires are pretty heavy, but this will only add more weight and accelerate the damage if I don't take care of this first. Right now I'm looking at the Teraflex HD rear tire carrier. Looks nice a simple, has tons of adjustments to help get the tire as close to the rear door as possible (which I need with my XD wheels or it will stick out a ton,) and they claim it can handle up to 200 lbs, which I would only be at 1/2 that. Anyone have any experience with this rear carrier?
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

This was a video i watched 100 times before I bought Betty.

Painted bumpers.