Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cheap Mods That Make Big Differences.....

There are a lot of little things you can do to your truck that don't break the bank.

First everyone should flip their review mirror. I thought this was automatic, but jumped in someones truck recently and they had no idea about it.

So thats number one.

cost: FREE

Here is another one.

I didnt like the recon turn signals for my truck. I thought they were expensive, and didnt seem worth the price.

I also dont like the stock yellow turn signals.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 5 (1).jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	412

When the 2014 Jeeps came out MOPAR released new clear turn signals.

At $30 bucks with amber bulbs, this was the way to go.

Name:	photo 2 (1).jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	413

Price $30

Ill be watching this thread. Always up for something cheap that makes a difference. I don't think there is much out there tho. jeep mods get expensive quickly.

I went with this stubby antenna, less than $20. More appearance improvement than performance, but its nice to not have a long metal wire whipping around when it hits a tree branch or obstacle.

Name:	2013-02-12 16.42.36.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	425

Plasti-dip on the grill for a good look, paint protection, and add Lowe's/Home depot gutter guard mounted from behind the grille to protect radiator from flying debris!

Name:	IMG_20120817_185446.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	426

Name:	first mod.jpg 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	427

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I went with this stubby antenna, less than $20. More appearance improvement than performance, but its nice to not have a long metal wire whipping around when it hits a tree branch or obstacle.

Name:	2013-02-12 16.42.36.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	425
    This is a good one. I think Sweet Pea's antenna is chopped.

Plasti-dip on the grill for a good look, paint protection, and add Lowe's/Home depot gutter guard mounted from behind the grille to protect radiator from flying debris!

Name:	IMG_20120817_185446.jpg 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	426

Name:	first mod.jpg 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	427
    The gutter guard is long strips of mesh about 8 inches across. Did you cut 7 pieces? Did you take a pics of the inside?

The gutter guard comes in strips about 3 feet long. I think one pack gave me enough to do the entire grill. yes, you cut 7 strips and you cut them to width as well so they don't overlap too much. Then you use self-adhesive clips on the back of the grill and zip tie the gutter guard strips to the clips.

I used two clips on the vertical areas between holes and one at the top and bottom of each hole. Lightly zip it on there and it works great to keep crap out. I had a rock come off a dump truck and bounce in front of me and into my grill. I was super pleased it didn't bust my windshield. When I got out, I saw it cracked the grill guard's mesh in about 3 intersections but didn't bust through. Totally worth the $13.

The fun part is there are 5-6 kinds of gutter guard you can use and get completely different looks. The plastic is easiest to work with, but I did my old Honda Element's grille in stainless and it lasted 8+ years before I sold the vehicle.

I'll look for some pics but I think I lost them.

The gutter guard comes in strips about 3 feet long. I think one pack gave me enough to do the entire grill. yes, you cut 7 strips and you cut them to width as well so they don't overlap too much. Then you use self-adhesive clips on the back of the grill and zip tie the gutter guard strips to the clips.

I used two clips on the vertical areas between holes and one at the top and bottom of each hole. Lightly zip it on there and it works great to keep crap out. I had a rock come off a dump truck and bounce in front of me and into my grill. I was super pleased it didn't bust my windshield. When I got out, I saw it cracked the grill guard's mesh in about 3 intersections but didn't bust through. Totally worth the $13.

The fun part is there are 5-6 kinds of gutter guard you can use and get completely different looks. The plastic is easiest to work with, but I did my old Honda Element's grille in stainless and it lasted 8+ years before I sold the vehicle.

I'll look for some pics but I think I lost them.
    I should try to match with the RK sport hood's mesh

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I should try to match with the RK sport hood's mesh
    This stuff isn't far of. $2.33 at Home depot.

Name:	grill.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	431