Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Just an update. I was out cutting wood on my land the other day, when a strong storm blew up. As I packed up and started driving my jk out of the woods a 2.5 " diameter dead locust beach was knocked out of a tree from a decent height. I bounced off my hood right beside the cowl. After getting to the field I stopped to see how bad the damage was, no dents no scratches... Nothing at all. I was nervous about fiberglass at first, but it passed the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Deola View Post
    Just an update. I was out cutting wood on my land the other day, when a strong storm blew up. As I packed up and started driving my jk out of the woods a 2.5 " diameter dead locust beach was knocked out of a tree from a decent height. I bounced off my hood right beside the cowl. After getting to the field I stopped to see how bad the damage was, no dents no scratches... Nothing at all. I was nervous about fiberglass at first, but it passed the test.
    Your heart must have stopped when it hit. Just reading this my heart stopped.

I thought the post was going to end with cracked fiberglass.

It was an OH $&!? Moment for sure, I thought I was going to need a new hood and leather for the driver seat

Quote Originally Posted by Deola View Post
    It was an OH $&!? Moment for sure, I thought I was going to need a new hood and leather for the driver seat
    Those seat covers aren't cheap either...you got lucky. Fiberglass isn't exactly impact resistant...and its a pain in the arse to repair.