Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My stock rubicon 6 speed with 4.10 gears was a bit too jumpy off the line. The front end would pop straight up in the air, even under light acceleration. I'm sure it was a combination of suspension, gearing, and the fact that it was a manual trans that caused it. Point is, I could see myself with the exact same vehicle on lightweight 33-34"s without having to re-gear.

37s, body armor, huge rear bumper and tire carrier, winch...I'm thinking a re-gear is necessary without having the additional power you have with boost. But its all just opinion really when it comes to drive-ability and how each person feels about revving it up before shifting, etc. And its magnified with the automatic transmission..autos need to re-gear sooner based on what I've read, and/or gear a bit higher in the axle to achieve the same "feel" the average person likes.

Personally, I'm doing Yukon 4.88s with the factory E-locker with 37" km2s. Driveshafts will become important. For now, a teraflex exhaust spacer will work to keep the front shaft's boot off the exhaust.

Betty's Current Set-Up

4.10s with 37s

3.6 Pentastar....Supercharged.

Ok so can the standard 3.6 pentastar turn 37s well with 4.10s? I really dont know. Betty was supercharged before the 37s got installed. How did the Supercharged Pentastar do? Just fine. I've had 4.88s in the house for over a year now. I've felt no reason to install them as the truck is a dream on the highway as its geared right now.

She cruises at 90 mph with no problem. Thats the best part. 7 hour road trip? No problem. Black Betty is the truck of choice because of her power and gear set up. She comfortably eats hundreds of miles at a time.

I think its easy to run long road trips in with BB because she cruises so fast, you always feel like your making good time. So psychologically, she keeps the driver in a good mood. I'd get depressed plodding along getting passed every few seconds.

The only downside to this set up is that the police are a serious concern. You can easily forget how fast your going.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engo Lights 2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	441