Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
I went on xpel.com and found a very high rated dealer. This guy spent forever prepping the paint. He clay barred the paint several times, then even repaired a few scratches. Then the vehicle gets washed several times and the application area stays damp to prevent dust. In between body panels, they actually wash the jeep again! He was telling me how static and air movement will let dust find its way to the paint no matter how hard you try to keep it clean between panels.

What I thought was cool is that my installer actually took the CAD designs and modified them to allow himself more material to tuck under the edges and around corners of panels. A good installer probably means the difference between excellent and average results.
Thats a good installer. Also, some installers will tell you that only BLACK paint needs to be "clay-bar'd". Do not buy that. Its a guy taking a short cut. All colors should be clay-bar'd. Its a good way to tell if you have a good installer. Someone who will start by telling you what you "dont need" is the wrong installer.

Snarf, tell us what you paid for install?

Black Betty, full truck, all surfaces, painted flares, AND the painted top... cost $2200. I'm not sure I love the installation tho. Only I can see the issues but there were some corners cut....And i wont getting new wrap done where the old wrap was done. Also make sure they promise to remove your top. They cant get to the edges of the rear section if the top remains installed. If they say they are not going to take the top off, find another installer.