Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Id like to see a thread on removing plasti-dip. Im convinced that will be an all out war.

As far as the grill, you dont follow all the contours. You lay one big flat piece of wrap over it, then squeegee it down. The inside of the lights remains unwrapped. The inner contour of the grill slots remains unwrapped.

Thats how mine is. I was concerned about every millimeter not being covered, but 2 years later those parts are all fine.

After years of owning a black 99 TJ Sahara I know what the paint looks like in very short order. I picked up my new 2014 Anvil JKU Rubicon X about 6 weeks ago...just broke the 500 mile point...and want to wrap it before anything else. I ordered my JK with painted hard top and fenders so I have a lot to wrap. Found the best rated installer in South Carolina and spent an hour with him looking at my truck. While there are several "kits" (CAD drawings that are plotted out on the film) they are far from covering every painted surface. The roof and and places like the space between the doors and wheel wells are just not part of any kit. This guy can do all the custom work and has a full closed in paint booth inside an already fairly clean warehouse and seems extremely detailed oriented. We worked up the numbers...and this is where the pain starts...the price at full list including square footage for the custom areas was $5900. He will give me a discount down to $4300 for everything. I wasn't expecting the film to cost what a good paint job costs but then it is guaranteed to look new for 10 years.

It's difficult for me to go from TJ mindset to twice as expensive Rubi X with leather, 730 audio system and completely NON hose out interior mindset. Considering what paid and the money that I am dropping on a full Game Changer lift kit and either a turbo or SC, I guess it's not a huge jump to wrap but I am still coming to terms with it.

Those that have done this...thoughts?

I paid 2700 for my wrap 60 inch by 60 ft.

I paid 2200 for the install.

I got it all custom and every painted surface. There isnt an inch on black betty thats not covered. Painted roof and all.