Close

Lincoln Electric Welders

This is the crown Jewel of any shop.

The welder is the calling card for how serious you are willing to get with installing and modding parts.

You have to TRUST your welds, so if your not sure, you don't put yourself in harms way on the road.

My welder? Lincoln Electric Power Mig 216. Some would call it large, but its really midsize. the duty cycle is about 60% which is very good. but others use larger models.

The boys at Rock Krawler only use Lincoln Electric welders, and none of theirs are under 255. (all bigger than mine)

Here are some shots of the Lincoln Electric Welder working overtime at Rock Krawler.

The reason you have to trust your welds, is because what they are doing in these shots is welding my coil over mounts on. IF those welds were to give at high speed while Im doing stupid things on the road, the damage would be catastrophic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1040583.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	478

Name:	P1040593.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	479

Name:	P1040584.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	480

More welding at Rock Krawler.... Nate is welding the rear truss on.

Name:	P1040606 (2).jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	481

Name:	P1040618.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	482

This is cool. I can weld too. Im not sure I'd do some thing as dangerous as a coil over mount. If that goes, you really do have a problem. (and might die)

The rear truss however, I'd tackle. Although, that is a steel to iron weld... so not beginner stuff.

Obviously they are not useing flux core at Rock Krawler.

Im using some flux core wire now and cant seem to get to penetrate 3/16s steel

that's a great one but definitely not for beginners