BB has had a few different suspensions, RK installed them all. I say if you are nearby to Albany, it's worth the trip to RK as they are reasonable on pricing to install and you know its really done right. Really right. by people who really know what right should be. Not someone reading instructions figuring it out as they go. If you want RK suspension and you are inside 3 hours of RK. I say go to RK. Anything else is a downgrade.

Now about suspensions overall. If you add no weight and are not going with big tires, AND not wheeling, then the stock suspension is difficult to beat.

Once you put big tires on, you have to lift.

Once you put weight on, you need new springs.

If you want to really wheel, misaligning control arms are key. (wheeling is far more fun with them)

You need to figure your entire build in advance. Every last thing you want to put on the truck needs to be decided now as the final weight is what you need to build for. Steel bumpers planned? Thats a factor. Winch? thats a factor, 37s? factor.

Once you know all that, then you can get to a final decision on lift and WHOs lift will fit you best.

Now with my own experience. I put a winch on stock suspension and the truck was terrible to drive. I felt like the nose was dragging on the ground. I went to RK for the first 2.5 xfactor lift, and on the way home i couldnt feel the winch anymore. The RK springs had made the weight....weightless. Then I was up 2.5 inches, with 35s at the time.

Now did the truck handle better than stock after what I did to it? (winch, lift, tires, wheels) ehh. Probably not. BUT compared to stock with the winch, it was 1000 times better.

As far as shocks, RK makes good ones. My RK coilovers are fantastic. I've also had the RRDs. No complaints. Id ask them if they can give you a deal on everything at once with install. You may save a few bucks. AND if there is a problem, you can go there. Rather than shipping stuff around the country.

I loved my xfactor lift. You can find our axle cam on youtube and watch it twist from underneith. Very cool suspension.