Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

AEV Springs Shocks with RockKrawler Lift?

Here was my first thread ever. I figureed I'd throw it into this new site for fun.

Hey everyone, My jeep is almost here. Ive been watching the forum for what seems like forever now, and Im about to make a final decision about my lift.

Im going to be on road mostly, but I want to have the capability to go offroad as Im in need of a new hobby and wheeling sounds like it will fit the bill. I do love to drive on roads tho and really want good handling. Ive driven the AEV 231 R package with 4.5 inch lift and 37s and a hemi and it drove great, but that was months ago now. I was sold on a AEV lift until someone on this forum tore it apart in comparison to another lift with lower control arms and other parts that are more robust.

The point was that AEV was for "expedition" not neccessarily rock crawling. Enter Rock Krawler. I love their solid steel parts, and their shop is close to me, so definatly going to make the few hour trip there to have it installed correctly from the source., In the NYC area (north jerz) I imagine that there are not many wheelers, so I dont really want to go to a shop thats learning how to install on my truck.

Here's the question, I like the AEV ride and the Rock Krawler durability. I was thinking that I might take the AEV springs and AEV tuned Bilstein shocks and pair them with a RockKrawler lift, of the same height.

AEV is coming out with a 2.5 inch coil lift right now, (should be out any day) and I was hoping to buy the springs and shocks and pair them with the Rock Krawler Max travel 2.5 inch lift. This would also work with AEV's 3.5 springs and shocks, with a Rock Krawler 3.5inch lift.

The goal is for flat racy handleing on road and capability off road. The AEV I drove was excellent, but now that someone here (ill find the thread) really explained that its mostly stock parts relocated and bracketed, and for the money I'm spending on a lift, I really want a LIFT.

I want to kill the wandery feeling in the fast lane and make it flat in the turns. And anyone who wants to tell me not to buy a jeep for wanting this hasnt driven an AEV. That thing handled like a sportscar. Is what made it do that the springs and shocks? can I cross that with a RK and build a winner?
    Last edited by JeepLab; 02-15-2014 at 10:12 PM. Reason: more info