Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey guys I've had my jeep for about a year now and have been looking at different lifts. I have a '14 jku sport. I've gone off road a few times and want to try rausch creek soon. I also mostly drive it on the road. I've been looking at the rk 2.5 max travel or X factor and the aev as well. I've been reading about all of them and hear that the aev handles better than stock. Is this also true for the rk lift. I would also do 35s with the lift. I'm also in ny so I would probably have rk install the lift where I would probably install the aev myself. Does rk also do the alignment in house? Anyone running fox shocks instead of the Bilsteins. Stiffer? Softer?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Matsango View Post
    Hey guys I've had my jeep for about a year now and have been looking at different lifts. I have a '14 jku sport. I've gone off road a few times and want to try rausch creek soon. I also mostly drive it on the road. I've been looking at the rk 2.5 max travel or X factor and the aev as well. I've been reading about all of them and hear that the aev handles better than stock. Is this also true for the rk lift. I would also do 35s with the lift. I'm also in ny so I would probably have rk install the lift where I would probably install the aev myself. Does rk also do the alignment in house? Anyone running fox shocks instead of the Bilsteins. Stiffer? Softer?
    Ahhhh. I love this. "handles better than stock"

Im happy to get first crack at answering this one. Id like the world to be aware, No aftermarket suspension "handles better than stock". NONE OF THEM. Its a marketing ploy.

Now, that being said, if your going to add steel parts, and winches and stuff and weigh it down... then All aftermarket suspensions will be superior to stock as the stock suspension is just not made to deal with you dumping 200lbs on the the front bumper. (bumper winch combo)

You want the best possible on road handling? Don't weigh it down, and leave it alone. LOL

If you want to wheel it, and want to do bumpers and winches and all, then RK and AEV are good options to try to get as close to stock handling WITH the added weight of heavy rear tire, winch in front. heavy armor etc.

Shocks- This is the least noticeable part of the suspension. Unless you are going to coil overs. if you are trying to save money on any part of this, I'd save the money here.

RK does not do alignment. You do that when you get home. And make sure to ask RK what they want your caster set to and toe in. Then tell the alignment people that in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsango View Post

I run Fox shocks with RK 2.5. I love the ride it provides. It rides a little more stiff than stock which, to me, is preferred. I went from a Teraflex lift with OEM shocks to RK/ Fox. I highly recommend that combo. Keep in mind this is also due to the springs as well.