Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here they are painted.

The technique is thin coats, but do a few of them. Also, cover up. gloves, long sleeves, if you get POR15 on you, its staying on you.

If you get it on your garage floor, its staying on your garage floor. They made it permanent on purpose.

The first coat, I could kind of see through. Then the second I got full coverage. I might do a third coat.

One other note, mix the POR 15 in the can, but then pour it into a paper cup. The brush will pick up contaminants when you brush it against rust and corrosion. You dont want to put that brush back in the can.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	POR 15 nutsert 1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	527

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	POR 15 nutsert 2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	528

Nutserts are one thing you do NOT want corroded. That makes for BIG problems. And these nutserts are the same as poison spider and metal cloak etc.

They should make them out of steel and tack weld them to the body. Then you just spray paint the whole thing and your good to go.

I think the POR15 is good in this case, but only time will tell. (you probably won't ever take the flares off again in the future tho)

That is serious corrosion for a 6 month period. Por 15 is an amazing product and will prevent corrosion. Period. This has me freaked out about mine front and rear as I have many more that hold the side of my jeep together!