Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    The good news is, if you just geared, you have to change that fluid regardless. So correcting the gasket problem isn't that bad.

When you take the cover off. Lay in on your kitchen counter and make sure its perfectly flat.

There are a lot of welds on it, and each weld adds heat and can warp the metal. If its not perfectly flat, you need to get the manufacturer on the phone.
    I thought the welds were cool on the diff cover... Now on second thought, it seems that they are each a possible point of failure.

That may be why others offer cast iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    I thought the welds were cool on the diff cover... Now on second thought, it seems that they are each a possible point of failure.

That may be why others offer cast iron.
    The diff is welded, THEN machined. That shouldn't be the problem. Nevertheless I will check it for all possible issues. Most likely its just a lack of sealant above the bolt. If the diff cover is the issue, I'll definitely get Ballistic on the phone. They haven't been terribly responsive. I sent them an email on another topic, and they never replied.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    The diff is welded, THEN machined. That shouldn't be the problem. Nevertheless I will check it for all possible issues. Most likely its just a lack of sealant above the bolt. If the diff cover is the issue, I'll definitely get Ballistic on the phone. They haven't been terribly responsive. I sent them an email on another topic, and they never replied.
    How long ago was the email?