Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
Well the first color experiment turned out a couple shades too light. Not a challenge to re-do darker later.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-22 16.10.56.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	567

The real challenge with the Jeep Hard top is the material is made out of. Something in it doesn't really WANT the plasti-dip to adhere. The installer said he'd never experienced anything like it. The top was completely wiped with degreaser like you would before you painted anything. There wasn't really any residue to speak of on the jeep top.

Nevertheless..its actually somehow resistant to the plasti-dip's amazing adherence properties. Rob, my buddy who does vehicles in plasti dip was bewildered. I'm going to have to do some research to figure out why it just won't stick. The Plasti-dip on my grille was there for 2 years before i tried to take it off..and it was a bit of work to get it off! BUT, not on this top.

Its dipped-but neither of us will believe it will last. We'll probably hook up again in a week to take it all right off back to black until we figure out if its possible to prep it right to get the dip on. I still want a brown top in a bad way to separate me from the crowd. BUT...how to get it to adhere! Hard to say. For now:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-22 16.10.15.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	568
Did you scuff the surface so it had something to grab on to?