With Jesse's Girl, I wanted to take the appearance a completely different direction than 99% of Jeeps. I was using a CJ-7 Golden Eagle as my inspiration.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	074c-001large.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	565

In other threads I discussed powder coating my wheels brown for a similar look. Then I went with painted Metalcloak overline tube fenders. The last step that I really wanted to achieve was a brown top. NOW, nobody makes a truely brown top for a Wrangler JK. NOBODY!

Well I've had great results with Plasti-dip in the past on my grille and other things like my ATV. So, I hooked up with a local plasti-dip installer/applicator used to doing show cars, trucks, wheels etc. We went back and forth about how it might work on the Jeep's top and decided to go for it.

Removed the black hard top at his house to take it into the garage for spraying. Well, the color ended up too light, but no big deal. I wanted to see how it looked on the jeep. Since it was an experiment, the materials were something like $40...not a huge risk. Here is how the top turned out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-22 15.34.40.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	566