Quote Originally Posted by Deola View Post
I have the aev 2.5, and I would not buy it again. Or any other product for them, they are one of only two companies ( both which are have grown significantly in the past several years) that I had bad experiences with. Poor customer service is something I don't forget. As far as the lift goes it does fine on and off road but does not excel in the last. Not a bad lift, the entire experience for me was ruined with the after the sale bs.
Thats sad to hear. AEV does make cool stuff. And I've met the guys, one of them brought a hemi jeep to my house before I ever bought Black Betty. So the people are good. When companies grow quickly, the customer service seems to be the cost in a lot of cases. I personally havent bought anything from them, so cant comment on it.

What I can comment on is their lift. The best part of any lift is the "misaligning" lower control arms. AEV dosent give you these key components.

If those heim joints dont twist, driving off-road is not nearly the fun it could be.

The cost with the lack of changing those arms is a recipe for "look elsewhere" when it comes to lifts.