Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Maybe some quick thoughts and questions about AVE. I've read AVE's "marketing" lit on this, and they seem to claim that the #1 reason for going with their lift is because they retain the stock bushings that are in the control arms, which they feel are supperior to any after market bushing in providing flexibility and ride comfort. Do you guys feel the stock bushings from Chrylser/Jeep are better than aftermarket in this area? 2nd, they claim that by repositioning the stock arm down, that it helps to keep the arm as level as possible, which they feel helps the ride quality for various angular/mechanical reasons such as how a steeper arm angle affects wheel camber during compressions/extension, etc. Do you guys feel this is true as well?

To me, AEV seems to be offering a lift that attempts to provide the best on-road quality possible with as much stock gear as possible. Given that most people who have Jeeps rarely use them for how they could be used (myself included) this doesn't sound like a bad strategy. I have little doubt that if you are a serious off-roader, that you would naturally want a product that excelled in that area a bit more, but my guess is, on-road probably suffers as a result to get the best off-road solution, no different than the question about gearing for highway driving vs. gearing for off-roading.
    The stock bushing is punishing offroad. I bashed my head into the pillar a bunch of times. On road, it may be superior. When getting lifted, long arms are superior for ride quality...Im told. The AEV approach of lowering the control arm bracket makes sense and seems to chase the long arm idea of flattened control arm planes.

The draw back is offroad. the bushing is awful for that. and AEV makes parts hang lower than they would with any other lift kit.

So if you dont expect to wheel, and want the look of big tires....

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    So if you dont expect to wheel, and want the look of big tires....
    Go for a Teraflex Performance Budget Boost or something similar and save some cash for other mods.