Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    At rk ! Nate is grinding the LCA MOUNTS offClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	585

Going to Yukon 4.88s and chrome axle shafts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	586

Hang in there everyone, I've got lot of stuff coming, I'm not actually at rock krawler right now.

There were about 6 guys working at once so me and my cam ducked out.

Funny you have gotten the camera in some spots where I think the guys working would have wacked you with a ratchet.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Im interested to see how much more articulation we can get out of just a 2.5 inch lift
    Looks like more than a 2.5" lift:

4 doors will generally achieve 4" of front lift and 3" of rear lift. 2 doors will generally achieve 4.5" of front lift and 3.5" of rear lift. These dimensions are based on fully upfitted JK's!

Its probably closer to 3.5 based on the last time I saw her.

Hard to tell how much lift Ive got overall, with the steel front bumper and winch, and the stock rear bumper.

When we get BB and JG side by side, JG should be 1 inch taller..... we'll see.

By the same reasoning, BB should be 5 inches taller than Sweet Pea. (stock tires unlifted) We will have to measure that too.

As you can tell, Im back from Rock Krawler,

The 3 link front and 3 link rear are in, It was windy on the way home, and I had a truck full of take off parts.

So it was a little squirrely, but I think that was the wind pushing me around on the highway.

The gears are new, so I was babying them, so I cant really give a review on the overall change in ride quality.

It should be softer than before, but really, I just walked in the door and cant speak to it.

Ive got to get the gears broken in so I can beat on it a little.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Hard to tell how much lift Ive got overall, with the steel front bumper and winch, and the stock rear bumper.

When we get BB and JG side by side, JG should be 1 inch taller..... we'll see.

By the same reasoning, BB should be 5 inches taller than Sweet Pea. (stock tires unlifted) We will have to measure that too.
    We'll definitely pick a common location on the frame and figure out the differences. My narrower wheel may give me another quarter inch as well.

Where's the review here?

You've had those 3 links in for a few days now... First thoughts?

I always hate my truck when I make a big change. I hope you are not in the post change depression...LOL

At some point with a truck like Black Betty that is a tasteful blend of street and trail, You have to be carefull not to go too far to trail, as she lives in the street.