Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks. It's good to be here. With the liners out it could use a bit more trimming to even it out and make it more flush.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    Thanks. It's good to be here. With the liners out it could use a bit more trimming to even it out and make it more flush.
    Show us a pic of the whole truck!

Ask and you shall receive:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	617

Ask and you shall receive:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	617
    are those flares custom cut?

Yes that is the factory flares custom cut by myself. I wanted to keep with the factory flare lines so I taped off just inside of the upper curve. I only lost maybe 1/4-1/2" in width but gained the height of the downward angle of the flares. I also wanted a nice looking front end on them and spent the time taping them off until I was happy with the look. Like any cutting on the Jeep, it takes more time working up the courage than the actual work.

I also had to cut 2" off the front of the frame for the front bumper.

Yes that is the factory flares custom cut by myself. I wanted to keep with the factory flare lines so I taped off just inside of the upper curve. I only lost maybe 1/4-1/2" in width but gained the height of the downward angle of the flares. I also wanted a nice looking front end on them and spent the time taping them off until I was happy with the look. Like any cutting on the Jeep, it takes more time working up the courage than the actual work.

I also had to cut 2" off the front of the frame for the front bumper.
    Give us threads on both please, Id love to see the cuts up close. Im a strong advocate of cutting flares.

And the bumper also....

Make sure the sun is at your back with pics, the dark of the grill will make the flares and bumper difficult to see the detail.

I just cut my seem.

I got some dirt in it, then washed it, so that foam inside was wet maybe... then I packed it with JB weld,

Am I going to rust my body out?

It's hard to tell. You should probably have let it dry before the JB Weld. A little dirt wouldn't hurt it any. To be on the safe side you can always drill a small hole through the JB Weld and let it air out for a couple days and then patch the small hole with more weld.

There is foam in there, if you drill in one spot, you will only dry the foam that the drill exposes.

This is an ugly problem. Can you cut more to reopen it?

Also, it may just be fine in there, hopefully.