So Jesse's girl has a full metalcloak overline tube fender setup with rear exoskin body armor. Now that I have those installed I've been shopping around for new rock rails and haven't really found any that I feel look right with the lines of the metalcloak fenders (even those available from metalcloak). I think a lot of them stick out too far. Yes, that can be functional, but I have a bit less of a need with a 2 door and want something close to the body.

SO...I thought I'd go with the factory rock rails, at least for the time being. Small problem, when you remove the factory fenders and increase the tire size, the rails are a few inches too long and can impact the tire, much like the pinch seam (which I just finished trimming). Fortunately, the process is pretty simple. First, you re-mount the factory rail, and use some blue tape and figure out where you want the rail to end.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-26 16.42.22.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	578

I ended up taking off 2.25 inches to align the end with the body line directly behind it. Next, you need to remove the factory plug that holds in the plastic end cap. There really is no way to save it, and you don't need to really. I tried removing mine with a body trim tool and it just flexed up and broke. I cut the rest out with snips and freed the end cap.

Name:	2014-03-26 16.49.21.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	577

Name:	2014-03-26 16.49.30.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	579

Secured it on a nice table with some clamps and put a new bi-metal blade in my reciprocating saw (these rails are pretty heavy duty) and began my cut taking my time to try to stay along the blue tape line.

Name:	2014-03-28 11.32.44.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	580