So I have a few spare minutes and figured since I'm the one powder coating them, I will chime in.

So I first saw these Nemesis Flat Flares on Ross's Jeep a few weeks ago after we were introduced through my cousin, "Frank the Tank". At first glance I was horrified of the previous powder work done on these, as the flares were covered with "out-gassing" as well as "orange peel" in the finish. As Ross would put it "Busch League"!!

I agreed to help a friend out and re-due the flares for him and help his cause.

First things first, the flares needed to be stripped of the previous powder and get them back to bare aluminum so we can see what we have underneath. Due to the fact that these are larger than I can handle in my blast setup, I dropped them off with my commercial guy. After a week at the blaster he called me to curse me out as he said he had never seen such thick powder on anything before, hence the orange peel. Ultimately due to the poor powder job we had to go to plan B...chemical stripping!! So after the media blasting, chemical stripping saga I was finally able to get these all cleaned up and back to bare aluminum.

I now have them back after Ross drove to Rock Krawler. After careful inspection of the bare flares I realized these would need quite a bit of prep work starting with sanding. I noticed there were high and low spots throughout the flares so to get a nice glassy finish these must be sanded. Below are some pics of the process.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140404_205250.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	637

Name:	20140405_102834.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	638

Name:	20140405_102818.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	639

Once everything is all sanded smooth I will begin the next step which will be to shoot some primer for salt corrosion protection.