Close

Engo solenoid box relocation - not an easy job for 2012+ owners

So I'm trying to clean up the front of my jeep. I have my Engo winch and I really want the solenoid box under the hood. I've read allllllll over the web and there appear to be only two locations that work with the 3.6.

The first is directly over top of the battery, or connected to the battery with velcro. I don't like the velcro idea.

The second is near the brake fluid reservoir - better idea, but VERY tight.

So I got with a buddy and we fabricated some ROUGH brackets for both locations that will use stock bolts to hold the engo solenoid box to the vehicle in a sturdy way. Here is the first rough bracket, just to share the concept.

I've already decided that I won't go this way. ITs a big piece of aluminum about a centimeter above the battery terminals. I could undercoat with rubber, but its just too risky I think. I was going to re-make it out of lexan, bend an all...but i'll try the driver's side spot first.

That being said..its tight over there top to bottom. Any idea what other brake fluid reservoir I could use that is SHORTER and wider..would make my life SO much easier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 13586459553_28967a806d.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    So I'm trying to clean up the front of my jeep. I have my Engo winch and I really want the solenoid box under the hood. I've read allllllll over the web and there appear to be only two locations that work with the 3.6.

The first is directly over top of the battery, or connected to the battery with velcro. I don't like the velcro idea.

The second is near the brake fluid reservoir - better idea, but VERY tight.

So I got with a buddy and we fabricated some ROUGH brackets for both locations that will use stock bolts to hold the engo solenoid box to the vehicle in a sturdy way. Here is the first rough bracket, just to share the concept.

I've already decided that I won't go this way. ITs a big piece of aluminum about a centimeter above the battery terminals. I could undercoat with rubber, but its just too risky I think. I was going to re-make it out of lexan, bend an all...but i'll try the driver's side spot first.

That being said..its tight over there top to bottom. Any idea what other brake fluid reservoir I could use that is SHORTER and wider..would make my life SO much easier.

His this done? or is it a mock up? Back up and show where the wires go.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    His this done? or is it a mock up? Back up and show where the wires go.
    Its a mock-up. I'm trying to:

1. Figure out where the box will go
    2. Build appropriate length wires to winch
    3. Install solenoid in power lead controlled by S-pod.
    4. Install wireless engo winch controller in box.
    5. winch away.