Lol...

I have actually confirmed that the turbo blanket is tolerable to the touch immediately after driving. I bet the turbine housing itself is NOT!

I haven't gotten a chance to "run it hard" much yet (waiting for the lift), let alone measure any under-hood temps.

I have an IR temp gun I can use to measure specific items under the hood. This weekend, I will be at an ORV park with some stock 3.6 JKs. I'll bring my temp gun and get some comparison measurements when we stop for lunch.

However... I may end up without a turbo blanket this weekend because I may be sending mine back for an exchange (for cosmetic preferences only; not quality issues). So I might actually get a worst case comparison this weekend without a turbo blanket. I think the best way to compare will be to measure the temp of stock components that are NEAR the turbo components,and a few other places. Forecast is also showing 86*F, so it should be a decent test of under hood heat.

The turbo won't be working hard at the ORV park, but slower off-road driving is where there's the most concern about under-hood heat. All the hot components (turbo, downpipe, wastegate) are conveniently placed right behind the radiator where they should get good airflow when travelling at speed on the roads. I don't expect any problems while street driving at all. The turbo kit also REMOVES two catalytic converters from the engine compartment and places a single high-flow cat down low and behind the engine.