Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sorry if this is a thread hijack. I'm replying because you mentioned the new hardware to eliminate surging. I've had the Magnuson on my 3.6 for about 3 weeks. I ordered it the end of June and didn't receive it until about 3 weeks ago because I was waiting for Magnuson to start shipping them out again. I guess I have the new lighter spring and tune because I don't have any surging.

I still have problems with the auto transmission shifts though. The transmission tends to stay in gear longer and my rpms climb higher before it shifts. I can force an up shift by lifting off the throttle or manually shifting. It is livable, but can be annoying. My only real complaint is that I was expecting the extra torque to allow me to stay in overdrive for longer periods of time on the highway instead of downshifting. The opposite has actually happened.

When I'm going up small inclines where my transmission stayed in overdrive at about 65 mph prior to the supercharger install, now it drops down to 4th and stays in 4th for quite a while unless I force it into overdrive. I seem to be fighting with the transmission because it keeps dropping into 4th. Magnuson says Diablo is still working on trying to get the auto transmission to shift better. I understand that my jeep is heavier and bigger than their test jeeps, so I expected some issues, but I was hoping the extra torque would push me into my seat and hold a gear instead of downshifting one or two gears before it started taking off.

Here is my 2012 Jeep on 40's with 5.13 gears, D60 front axle and D80 rear axle.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magnuson SC1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	1304

Name:	Magnuson SC2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	1305

Name:	Magnuson SC.jpg