Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post

As far as lining them up 3 wide and smashing the gas pedal- The trucks themselves are not apples to apples -
[clip, clip]
If they were all the same gearing, wheel tire combo, overall weight, Id have no problem lining them up.
Very true, very sorry. I had completely forgotten about this when I wrote my comment. You guys are doing a great job, and a great service to the Jeep community by posting so much information. Of course a side-by-side race would not be apples to apples with a 2 door, 4 doors, different gearing, different tires, etc.

I do understand the turbo is new and has issues to be worked out, just like the SC's did. I also know though that I was watching an interview with RIPP CEO, and his comment was that the turbo required much more work to install, more than a typically owner might consider, was more complex, and that was why they went the SC route. After following this thread vs. the threads on the SC, I would have to agree. From the factory, sure, turbo me all day long if it was designed by the vehicle engineers. I think for aftermarket though, with the possibility of a self install, it's clear to me that the SC is a better option for me if I can ever dig up the funds to pay for it (well, I could dig them up, but then my kids may not have straight teeth )

Sorry to everyone else, I see this thread has sort of spiraled since my original comments about turbo vs. SC, when the reality is, we don't have all the dyno facts for a good debate.