Quote Originally Posted by NOLAjeeper View Post
The intercooler will not fit without modifying the "jeep grill", relocating the auto trans cooler, and doing some custom work to the intercooler silicone connection tubes.
This was my impression when I test fitted my intercooler. The cylinder on the side of the A/C condenser seems to be in the way. With the intercooler contacting the cylinder, the grill contacts the intercooler before the top of the grill is pushed on all the way.

I talked to both Jessee (Snarf) and Dan at Prodigy, confirming that this is normal! You just need to push the grill the rest of the way on, which will push the intercooler against the cylinder, and flex the cylinder back a bit. Dan assured me that there is no long term reliability concern with this pressure between the grill, intercooler and A/C condenser cylinder. He says it the same exact grill configuration and intercooler as their 2007-2011 3.8 turbo kits, and they have not had any issues with any of those. Wes at Prodigy insisted on having the largest possible intercooler that could be successfully crammed into the grill area.

As for the silicone connectors, Dan told me that connecting those all up will be the toughest part of the stage 2 install. He says it's very tight, and requires shifting things around just the right amount, etc., but it is doable.

So, the grill and silicone connectors should not require modification.

I can't comment on the trans cooler solution, since I have a manual.