Quote Originally Posted by Bkeef View Post
I was told this tune is running in over 100 Jeeps. I have a question.

Seems we are all getting minor tweaks of this tune. Minor tweaks seem to make a HUGE difference. I'm curious how his can be considered same unless I'm missing something. Seems like collectively they would collaborate some how.
From what I understand, the end goal is to have a single tune, served by Diablosport's servers for an automatic download to the InTune, built up from feedback and data logging from many vehicles. The whole system of automatic updates from Diablosport's servers is already setup (from the beginning). I think they just haven't updated the tune on the server in quite a while. So even though many of us have gotten custom tunes from Prodigy, they are probably all built from the same most recent version of a "template" that Prodigy is maintaining and will eventually put on Diablosport's server's as an update.

We have no way of knowing how major or minor the tweaks are to each version of the tune. All I know is that the biggest improvement to the tune was the result of a discovery that some engine load calculations were incorrect. Fixing that may very well have been technically a "minor tweak" to some numbers in the calibration, but can have major effects on driveability because engine load is a core parameter used to determine ignition timing and fuel injection. A small error in engine load could be compounded through the various calculations, in complicated ways, resulting in a complicated pattern of varying amounts of error in ignition timing and fuel injection.

As for "this tune is running in over 100 Jeeps", I do not see that as valid evidence that any issue you are experiencing is not related to the tune.

1) Different people drive differently, in different conditions (elevation, temperature, humidity, etc), and have different combinations of tires, axle ratios, and vehicle weight. Therefore different people are very likely to encounter different patterns of engine load/speed, etc when driving, and exercise different "areas" of the tune than each other. If only a small percentage of people experience some issue, it may be because only that small percentage of users encounters the specific conditions that expose a flaw with the tune.

2) Different people have different expectations and thresholds for perceiving something as a problem. What I notice as a jerk, hesitation, or surge in acceleration might go completely unnoticed by another person. Even if another person notices the same thing I do, they may either consciously or subconsciously ignore it or rationalize it away as "just the way it is". Especially early on when they are still in the "honeymoon" phase, amazed by the power.

3) Different people have different thresholds of annoyance before deciding it's worth the effort of complaining about an issue and seeking a solution. Some people who encounter an annoyance just assume that it's "just the way it is" and can't be fixed, and only complain to their friends rather than reporting an issue to their installer or Prodigy.

4) Even if someone talks to their installer about a driveability issue, there's no guarantee that the complaint will be forwarded to Prodigy. Depending on the person's ability to adequately explain the issue, the installer's desire to work with the person to properly understand the complaint, etc., the installer could either intentionally/unintentionally misinterpret the complaint and give the customer an explanation of the issue being "normal" that prevents the customer from continuing pursuit of a solution.