Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    The full secret is finally revealed! If you have all the skills, knowledge and tools necessary to completely rebuild/tune an engine for big power, then you can completely rebuild/tune an engine and get big power! No Way!
    Wait, wait... So you are saying if I have an infinite amount of money, combined with an infinite amount of time, combined with an infinite amount of resources, then I can completely rip out my V6 engine from my $35k Jeep and install KaiserBill's suggested diesel and get more power than I would ever need? Dang, sign me up, because I want my Jeep to cost more than my house so I can have this "Secrete To More Power." This is EXACTLY why I come to the JeepLab forums, to view the step-by-step instructions from KaiserBill on how to install a diesel engine in a Jeep!
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

You know, I just go thinking... MAYBE as a dry-run I'll take the 6.7L diesel engine out of my SuperDuty and toss er' into the ol' Jeep, you know, just to get an idea of what 800ft/lbs. of torque will do in the Jeep before I toss in KaiserBill's much more powerful 4-53T Diesel. Do you think I'll need to upgrade my Dana 30 front end first? Shoot, I don't even know why I'm questioning that, I'll just take the axles off the SuperDuty, trim them down in width and move them over to the Jeep. Drive shaft as well. While I'm at it, might as well move the transfer case over as well. Hmm... Wonder if the transmission can handle 800ft/lbs. You know what, I'll grab the transmission out of the SuperDuty as well. Anything else I'm missing from the Ford I should bring over for this dry run? Soooo exciting, want me to post videos of the before and after 0-60 run?
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    You know, I just go thinking... MAYBE as a dry-run I'll take the 6.7L diesel engine out of my SuperDuty and toss er' into the ol' Jeep, you know, just to get an idea of what 800ft/lbs. of torque will do in the Jeep before I toss in KaiserBill's much more powerful 4-53T Diesel. Do you think I'll need to upgrade my Dana 30 front end first? Shoot, I don't even know why I'm questioning that, I'll just take the axles off the SuperDuty, trim them down in width and move them over to the Jeep. Drive shaft as well. While I'm at it, might as well move the transfer case over as well. Hmm... Wonder if the transmission can handle 800ft/lbs. You know what, I'll grab the transmission out of the SuperDuty as well. Anything else I'm missing from the Ford I should bring over for this dry run? Soooo exciting, want me to post videos of the before and after 0-60 run?
    I want to see the truck work out for you... I like where you going with this idea. I still think portal axles would be a better choice if you want to run 14.5R20's or larger tires-- I mean go big or go home-- right?

I really don't care that much for speed-- for all I care it could never reach 60mph ever!!!! It just doesn't matter to me. But you know I say post that 0-60 video-- I'm sure it will get a lot of attention. Myself I would be more interested in Vertical Step capability, Vertical and Side Slope Climbing Capability , Fording Capability , and payload and tow capacity off-road rather than speed. But, I'm odd that way.

If you want Speed Mazada is developing a Turbo Diesel for 24hr Racing that is a 4 cylinder 2.2L Diesel making a reliable 200+ HP per Liter. That might be the ticket for you 400+ hp at high speed and it a compact package to boot!!!! What is not to love?

They are using compound turbo charging to develop these numbers! So, I bet it is snappy on the 0-60 front... It packs more power per pound than your 6.7L option and it is nice and small so you know it isn't going to break the bank on front axle loading. Not to mention higher rpms means better 0-60 times and who knows what else? I bet it could be a little pocket rocket for the Jeep Home Tuner!

Myself, it really doesn't draw my attention like a good big displacement Diesel...

Oh the sweet sweet sound of a Detroit Diesel 2-stroke Enigne. Just makes me want to move right in to some small quite neighborhood in the Northwest Pacific Region and have some fun!!!

If only it would fit!!! I think me and my toys can only serve to increase property value...

My company car is a Jeep Liberty-- It won't fit. I've thought about it.
    Last edited by KaiserBill; 04-13-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    The full secret is finally revealed! If you have all the skills, knowledge and tools necessary to completely rebuild/tune an engine for big power, then you can completely rebuild/tune an engine and get big power! No Way!

Really, the best-kept secret to more power is not Deisel, but the 2.0L Ecotec engine. People are getting up to 1500 hp out of them! Out of only a 2.0 inline 4 gasoline engine!

So there you have it. Obviously, the best path to more power is a 2.0 Ecotec engine, because it is proven that you can heavily modify them to make 1500 hp. Who's going to be the first to swap one into their Jeep and mod it for big power? It's easy, as long as you have the money, time, knowledge, skills and tools required to do a custom rebuild and tune of an engine!
    There is one difference-- I can make 4-53T perform with serious power and still be around long after the 2.2 Ecotec motor needs to be totally rebuilt.

Well you have to have to specific skill sets for many things in life. That doesn't mean you cannot acquire them to finish a project. I just happen to have an obsession with diesel since I was very young so I've leaned all I can about it. Also it will be much harder to make a 2.0L Gas engine make 1500hp on Pump Gas-- it might not even be possible. You can however, make a 4BT or 6BT diesel make those numbers on pump 40 Centane Diesel. So, that is sort of a nice thing to have going for you if you want big hp numbers...

The funny thing is if you get a few books on modifying Diesel Engines and Diesel Engine theory you can do this at home.
    Last edited by KaiserBill; 04-13-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Wait, wait... So you are saying if I have an infinite amount of money, combined with an infinite amount of time, combined with an infinite amount of resources, then I can completely rip out my V6 engine from my $35k Jeep and install KaiserBill's suggested diesel and get more power than I would ever need? Dang, sign me up, because I want my Jeep to cost more than my house so I can have this "Secrete To More Power." This is EXACTLY why I come to the JeepLab forums, to view the step-by-step instructions from KaiserBill on how to install a diesel engine in a Jeep!
    I can take a 5K TJ junker and do everything I said for less than 40k.

Hmmmm.... I'm thinking that I should post more about squeaky suspension lift kits! I mean those squeaks are just so damn technically minded.
    Last edited by KaiserBill; 04-13-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserBill View Post
    I can take a 5K TJ junker and do everything I said for less than 40k.
    It would be the worst investment in history. You'd find yourself in a straight jacket, and its right where you would belong.

You would really have to have deep pockets to not want to shoot yourself when you realize the financial land mine you stepped on.

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    It would be the worst investment in history. You'd find yourself in a straight jacket, and its right where you would belong.

You would really have to have deep pockets to not want to shoot yourself when you realize the financial land mine you stepped on.
    Is it any more absurd than buying a $30K plus new jeep and putting a $30K AEV 6.4 Hemi engine swap into it? I mean I wouldn't do it.... But, my point was simply that I have the technical ability to do so.

Alright I lied the real secret to amazing power is this:

I've found that once myself and my engines are under a program of Dianetics I get an easy 3500% gain in HP and torque at any RPM!!!!

IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MIND-ENGINE OPENNESS PARADIGM!

Is it any more absurd than buying a $30K plus new jeep and putting a $30K AEV 6.4 Hemi engine swap into it?
    Actually, yes it is. The $30k AEV conversion is the cost of a complete "turnkey" package of a professional installation using a kit of OEM-quality components designed to work together flawlessly, designed/developed/tested by a trusted/respected company (who employs some ex-Chrysler engineers) that produces many of the same kit, provides warranty/support for their conversion kit, and essentially promises (their reputation is at risk) that it will be reliable for years to come.

I mean I wouldn't do it.... But, my point was simply that I have the technical ability to do so.
    So you admit that the entire point of this thread was not at all to provide any practical information that is readily applicable to the Jeep Wrangler, but just to proclaim your love for diesel and show off your knowledge about how they can be heavily modified by engine building/tuning experts to produce massive power.