Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Who is "you"?

Only Prodigy has kits installed and running right now. As far as I know, the 2 test vehicles have stock exhaust.

The system is tuned out-of-the-box for stock exhaust.

I will be running stock exhaust.

I asked a bit about the effects of running aftermarket freer-flowing exhaust. Free-flowing exhaust would likely improve performance some amount. I didn't get a solid answer about whether it would require additional tuning. Sounds like it would just require some data logging, have Prodigy review it and decide whether fine tuning is necessary. Prodigy will generally do email data-log tuning for free during a reasonable time period after the purchase if there's a problem with the original tune, or if you have a non-stock configuration that requires minor tweaking. He said if it turned into something that requires significant testing/tuning, then they would have to start charging for time (presumably applies only to non-stock setups, or requests for fine-tuning after warranty period).

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Who is "you"?

Only Prodigy has kits installed and running right now. As far as I know, the 2 test vehicles have stock exhaust.

The system is tuned out-of-the-box for stock exhaust.

I will be running stock exhaust.

I asked a bit about the effects of running aftermarket freer-flowing exhaust. Free-flowing exhaust would likely improve performance some amount. I didn't get a solid answer about whether it would require additional tuning. Sounds like it would just require some data logging, have Prodigy review it and decide whether fine tuning is necessary. Prodigy will generally do email data-log tuning for free during a reasonable time period after the purchase if there's a problem with the original tune, or if you have a non-stock configuration that requires minor tweaking. He said if it turned into something that requires significant testing/tuning, then they would have to start charging for time (presumably applies only to non-stock setups, or requests for fine-tuning after warranty period).
    Do not change your exhaust until you get the unit installed. Aftermarket exhausts can be counter productive if the turbo is tuned for specific back pressure.