Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doc5339 View Post
    Will do, though I probably will not have it installed until some time in March.
    Recently completed the installation of the pre-owned Magnuson Supercharger that I acquired from gbaumann. I am embarrassed to post pictures now because I have a jerry-rigged PCV breather/catch-can setup made of scraps. I was not planning on bending stainless steel as the gbaumann, but now I am actually considering that, maybe with copper. I purchased some type M 1/2" cooper and figured I would plumb it with push-fittings and use rubber hoses at the catch can.

Regarding the Magnuson with my Manual Transmission, it does not knock your socks off. It drives way better than before and feels more or less "as it should," probably similar to a 5.3 Vortec V8; does not push you back in your seat, but has a nice and wide power range. I am very pleased with it thus far.

Install was a bear mainly because I had to piece some things together and wait on parts. Many thanks to gbaumann, Brian from superchargers online.com, Garrett and Simon from Magnuson, as well as everyone on JeepLab.

I probably will not dyno the Jeep, but I will post some after pictures and I may try and do a 0-60 run.

Recently completed the installation of the pre-owned Magnuson Supercharger that I acquired from gbaumann. I am embarrassed to post pictures now because I have a jerry-rigged PCV breather/catch-can setup made of scraps. I was not planning on bending stainless steel as the gbaumann, but now I am actually considering that, maybe with copper. I purchased some type M 1/2" cooper and figured I would plumb it with push-fittings and use rubber hoses at the catch can.

Regarding the Magnuson with my Manual Transmission, it does not knock your socks off. It drives way better than before and feels more or less "as it should," probably similar to a 5.3 Vortec V8; does not push you back in your seat, but has a nice and wide power range. I am very pleased with it thus far.

Install was a bear mainly because I had to piece some things together and wait on parts. Many thanks to gbaumann, Brian from superchargers online.com, Garrett and Simon from Magnuson, as well as everyone on JeepLab.

I probably will not dyno the Jeep, but I will post some after pictures and I may try and do a 0-60 run.
    Dude, you owe me at least one picture! (and maaaaybe a video)

what is the rest of your truck like? you got steel parts? The mag with a manual trans was fast as hell in sweet pea. I could barely keep up with her on the turnpike.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4049.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	1689Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4050.jpg 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	1690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4051.jpg 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	1691Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4052.jpg 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	1692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4053.jpg 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	1693
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Dude, you owe me at least one picture! (and maaaaybe a video)

what is the rest of your truck like? you got steel parts? The mag with a manual trans was fast as hell in sweet pea. I could barely keep up with her on the turnpike.
    Some pictures below of the final install using 1/2" Copper Coil, Scrap Hoses, and Hose-Clamps. I also used some crazy heavy-duty zip-ties to secure the Supercharger Coolant Pump so that it does not dip in to the steering linkage.

Name:	IMG_4055.jpg 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	1694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4056.jpg 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	1695Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4047.jpg 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	1696Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4048.jpg 
ID:	1697Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4046.jpg 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	1698

Name:	IMG_4049.jpg 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	1689Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4050.jpg 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	1690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4051.jpg 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	1691Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4052.jpg 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	1692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4053.jpg 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	1693

Some pictures below of the final install using 1/2" Copper Coil, Scrap Hoses, and Hose-Clamps. I also used some crazy heavy-duty zip-ties to secure the Supercharger Coolant Pump so that it does not dip in to the steering linkage.

Name:	IMG_4055.jpg 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	1694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4056.jpg 
ID:	1695Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4047.jpg 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	1696Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4048.jpg 
ID:	1697[ATTACH=Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4044.jpg 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	1699Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4045.jpg 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	1700CONFIG]1698[/ATTACH]
    Last of the pictures.