Close

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatidesmo View Post
    I just realized while mounting up the turbo that there is no bracket welded onto the up pipe. Anyone know if this was a running change? Attachment 1706
    Huh... I'll have to ask about this. It seems unlikely that it was accidentally left off. Now that I think about it more, I bet that bracket turned out to be unnecessary. The brackets on the down pipe probably provide plenty of support for the turbo.

I got a response on the difference. it sounds like it's a running change...

I'm soon close..now I'm having a problem with the power steering pump. I've made sure the oil up the o-ring and have the adapters in there... but.. I connected to the pump side.. and now the head of the other side is facing left or toward the engine... since this is a hi pressure line I didn't want to mess with the head unless it's ok to do so as it's torqueddown pretty good.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0528.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	1707 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0527.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	1708

I guess the question that I should be asking... does anyone have an image of thier power steering box that i could reference after install?

Alright,

went scouring through the archives and found an image of your install, Pickles:

Name:	ps_hoses.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	1709
    This is what mine looks like

Name:	IMG_0529.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	1710
    You see how when one side is facing up the other is as well. If I align it to do one side face down and the other face up, I get a loop in the line.

This is what mine looks like
    That does look like a problem

The fittings on the ends of your hose look like it may be possible to loosen, rotate, then re-tighten? Hard to tell from just looking at a picture. That hose/fitting is different than what I have. Definitely contact Prodigy about that to find out if they can recommend a way to adjust the orientation of the fittings, or if you need a replacement.

everything is on... wanna start... can't start... looking at a few things .. exhaust not fitting like I would like.. everything bolts up but... can't bolt on the passenger head... thingie pipe.. (so weird this thing doesn't have headers) and the down pipe is touching the coolant hose.

Always fun..

welcome suggestions as always, but will continue on it tomorrow

where is pickles? he should have the answers on this. That guys toothbrush has a turbo on it.

Hey JL,

Been working with Pickles the entire time. Have it on and running for a bit. had a leak because I am a dummy and forgot to tighten the trans cooler.... BDA... Was FAST with the stock wheels, now just back to "Jeep Fast" with 37's and the stock gear ratio (3.73 for me). Next up is BRAKES then regear.

my down pipe is pretty darn close to the heater pipe no matter what I did, so I ended up getting heat shielding and I've been fine. Pickles and I now share an issue. Hesitation on, what feels like when the jeep goes from vacuum into boost. Rich condition, it appears to be.

Hey JL,

Been working with Pickles the entire time. Have it on and running for a bit. had a leak because I am a dummy and forgot to tighten the trans cooler.... BDA... Was FAST with the stock wheels, now just back to "Jeep Fast" with 37's and the stock gear ratio (3.73 for me). Next up is BRAKES then regear.

my down pipe is pretty darn close to the heater pipe no matter what I did, so I ended up getting heat shielding and I've been fine. Pickles and I now share an issue. Hesitation on, what feels like when the jeep goes from vacuum into boost. Rich condition, it appears to be.
    what 37s are they? and is it a rubi?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    what 37s are they? and is it a rubi?
    Rubi with MT/Rs Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0607.jpg 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	1735Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0606.jpg 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	1736

Just had an interesting conversation at my local 4x4 shop. In not so many words, the shop foreman thought I was idiotic to go with a turbo instead of a supercharger. His thinking (because he has a turbo car) is that there is nothing until I go into boost... sure... if I was spooling up at 4000 rpm. I spool up about 2500... which will be right where the rpms are in 4wd LOW and 4:88.. Was actually kinda irritating. Always fun. Yes conventional wisdom, Roots/screw supercharger for low torque turbo up hi, I think that is going away.