Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Everything is steel which is why I mentioned the weight thing with the rack. I don't have the exact figure on tool weight added, but it's obviously several hundred pounds. The only thing I weighed were the Method rims which with headlocks came in at 31lbs each. I don't remember what the KM2's are per tire, but I had read your (jeep lab) previous post on wheel mass did try to keep the combo as light as I could.

With more time behind the wheel today, the 4.56's were for sure going in but I was thinking about 4.88's. The question is do I get the SC installed and wheel it with the tune that's installed a the time, or go ahead re-gear and set the tune up with 4.88's?

I'll throw another wrench in the plans; do i stay with stock exhaust and air intake or upgrade? Not that I need it, but I like the looks, but how would a snorkel effect the tune on this SC?

Quote Originally Posted by jt1911 View Post
    Everything is steel which is why I mentioned the weight thing with the rack. I don't have the exact figure on tool weight added, but it's obviously several hundred pounds. The only thing I weighed were the Method rims which with headlocks came in at 31lbs each. I don't remember what the KM2's are per tire, but I had read your (jeep lab) previous post on wheel mass did try to keep the combo as light as I could.

With more time behind the wheel today, the 4.56's were for sure going in but I was thinking about 4.88's. The question is do I get the SC installed and wheel it with the tune that's installed a the time, or go ahead re-gear and set the tune up with 4.88's?

I'll throw another wrench in the plans; do i stay with stock exhaust and air intake or upgrade? Not that I need it, but I like the looks, but how would a snorkel effect the tune on this SC?
    1. Those have to be the lightest beadlocks on earth, and the KM2 is 70 lbs. Ive never heard of a 30lb beadlock. Im not saying its not, Im saying if it is, Its super light.

2. I say gear after SC. Dont worry about the tune. The tune is for air fuel mixture in the engine. Your gear change will not effect it.

3. Stock exhaust vs. aftermarket is no difference in performance as far as my testing has shown. If someone else has better info on it give us a chart.

4. Mag planned for a snorkel, so dont hesitate to use one if you want to. BUT keep in mind, even if your snorkel is installed correctly, if you hit a bump in the future and somehow loosen it, you will allow water into your engine through the connection to the snorkel.