Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
It is a DD for me (though I have my other vehicle as needed, it's only a DD because it's fun to drive.) I really don't drive 75 Mph very often. I just ran to the airport yesterday, and shoot, the highway speeds are only 60-65mph. I'd pretty well have to drive to Idaho to get to 75mph speed limits. I do that on occasion, but not a ton.
If your truck is a DD in any respect then lean toward the lower ratios. I have 4:10's and a supercharger (soon to be hemi). I drive mostly on the road and mostly at irresponsible speeds (this post will be in evidence at my trial). I love my setup. Most guys focused on being off road want/need something taller. I thought hard about 4:56s and would think that they will serve you well in most situations. At some point when I wake up from my drunken binge spending and am ready for my next "bender" I plan on upgrading to Dynatrac axles. At that time I'll probably go with 4:56s. Every time I do the math 4:88s and taller gears result in too high RPMs for my comfort everywhere but in the dirt (unless you've got 40" tires). Just my thoughts.

BTW - nice looking truck.