Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Welcome Dr. Evil.

X3 on WEIGHT. Cutting weight is like adding horsepower. I love the mods on my jeep but if I could shave several hundred pounds off my truck it would be great (Ross you should start a weight saving thread. Let's have a JL weight loss contest!!). Save the cost of exhaust. Unless you can open up breathing from the heads back there aren't big gains to be had. I have an AFE CAI on my 3.6 pentastar. I didn't install it for HP or throttle response. I did it for sound.

The motor can only burn what it breathes. Like all of us you're at part throttle most of the time. In our case the tune will determine air/fuel and the TB will meter air flow which together create a charge for the cylinders and dictate horsepower. It's the same air flow wither you have a CAI or TB spacer or not. There's no getting around the throttle plate (if you do, then there's no getting around intake/exhaust valve size, which if you do there's no getting around bore & stroke, and so on and you can see where we're headed until there's no getting out of the doghouse when our wives figure out what we've spent).

Response can be improved with the CAI and TB spacer if that's the goal. The flashpaq program, if it has an aggressive timing table and air/fuel table, coupled with 93 octane fuel can certainly make a change. It can make a different mix of fuel for a given volume of air and adjust timing to ignite it a more efficient time.

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    Welcome Dr. Evil.

X3 on WEIGHT. Cutting weight is like adding horsepower. I love the mods on my jeep but if I could shave several hundred pounds off my truck it would be great (Ross you should start a weight saving thread. Let's have a JL weight loss contest!!). Save the cost of exhaust. Unless you can open up breathing from the heads back there aren't big gains to be had. I have an AFE CAI on my 3.6 pentastar. I didn't install it for HP or throttle response. I did it for sound.

The motor can only burn what it breathes. Like all of us you're at part throttle most of the time. In our case the tune will determine air/fuel and the TB will meter air flow which together create a charge for the cylinders and dictate horsepower. It's the same air flow wither you have a CAI or TB spacer or not. There's no getting around the throttle plate (if you do, then there's no getting around intake/exhaust valve size, which if you do there's no getting around bore & stroke, and so on and you can see where we're headed until there's no getting out of the doghouse when our wives figure out what we've spent).

Response can be improved with the CAI and TB spacer if that's the goal. The flashpaq program, if it has an aggressive timing table and air/fuel table, coupled with 93 octane fuel can certainly make a change. It can make a different mix of fuel for a given volume of air and adjust timing to ignite it a more efficient time.

^^^ This guy gets it.

Other forums are about heavy armor and huge pointless tires. At JeepLab, The attitude is. KEEP IT FAST!

Armor is pointless!

Avoid Steel anywhere you can!

Our jeeps are cars! A fast car beats a slow car every day of the week!

We don't want the trucks to be pigs and then say "hey its a jeep, performance cannot be good" That's crap! BB is a rocket. Sweet pea is a rocket. Jesse's Girl is a rocket. All putting down 0-60s as fast as a Supra Turbo. (supra did 5.5 in the nineties)

Have that AND climb anything? Thats the goal.

Rant over. (I hate heavy jeeps. can you tell?)

Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post
    Our jeeps are cars!
    Say that on Wrangler Forum and prepare to get SLAMMED!