Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have to admit when I first read this thread I was not happy. But really I should thank Jeff for holding us accountable. We have improved the product repeatedly thanks to him. Little things that i was ready to overlook he simply would not let me do so. He just bombarded me with information and every time I thought i was ready to move on BAM here comes some more and some more and some more. He is an excellent advocate for our turbo system and critical at times. He has stated the good, the bad and everything in between which is what i think people want to see in forums. We will continue to use feedback from our customers to deliver the very best product possible. Though i dont think this is deserving of its own thread titled "Prodigy Performance Turbo Driveability Issues" It is what it is. I will take notes and make changes everywhere possible.

I am looking forward to Pickles Precision turbo install, then changing his 3:21 gears and 28" tires. This will dramatically improve performance and driveability.

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by boosted1 View Post
    I have to admit when I first read this thread I was not happy.
    And I was not happy when when I created the thread, so I think we're even

Please let me know if you believe I have unfairly skewed/biased any of the facts I have presented. I'm just trying to honestly share my experience.

I'm really hoping that my exhaust leak is amplifying what might otherwise be a very minor issue that really isn't deserving of a thread like this. But the reality is that what I am currently experiencing IS worthy of this thread.

I am looking forward to Pickles Precision turbo install, ...
    Me too! Is it here yet?

Unfortunately, I will be installing the new pipe together with the Precision turbo (sorry, I just want to get it done; don't have the time/patience to do a two-stage install to limit variables). So if these driveablity issues disappear or greatly diminish after the install, it will be impossible to determine whether it was the new pipe or the different turbo that solved the problem. It will at least suggest that an exhaust leak could be the cause for some annoying driveability issues. Anyone else with similar complaints will at least have reason to check for exhaust leaks.

... then changing his 3:21 gears and 28" tires.
    You and everyone else! I can't even tell you how many times I've heard that I need bigger tires. Mostly from my wife, children, and parents. My wife is a bit irritated that I spent money on a new turbo that was being saved up for tires. Tires and gears will now be further in the future. Realistically probably in 1-2 years. I still need to decide whether to wait longer to save up for TrueTrac LSD to get installed at the same time as the gears.

My current stock tire/gear combo is overall about 9.7% "taller" than what I'll probably end up with (3.73 gears and 33x12.5x15 Duratracs). That should be a pretty good increase in around-town pep and slow off-road performance when I finally make the switch.