Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "Very sluggish" is relative, though. Before adding the turbo, I would not have described my jeep as "very sluggish" below 2500 rpm. In stock form, it reached near peak torque just under 2000 rpm. As far as I can tell, the turbo does not make the jeep any slower below 2500 rpm, it just makes it insanely faster above 2500 rpm, which makes below 2500 feel slow by comparison. If this is anything like their kit for the 3.8 engine, then there's actually a small gain at lower rpm without any losses anywhere.

Also, just got a response about the 50 miles of light/moderate use before full throttle: it's intended to allow the driver acclimate to the increased power. So if you have experience with powerful vehicles already, just ease into it responsibly at your own pace once you have confirmed the install is fully complete with no leaks, etc. I don't have to worry about the fact that I disobeyed this instruction . I was getting worried that I may have potentially caused bad things by forgetting that instruction. No more holding back! TURBO!

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    "Very sluggish" is relative, though. Before adding the turbo, I would not have described my jeep as "very sluggish" below 2500 rpm. In stock form, it reached near peak torque just under 2000 rpm. As far as I can tell, the turbo does not make the jeep any slower below 2500 rpm, it just makes it insanely faster above 2500 rpm, which makes below 2500 feel slow by comparison. If this is anything like their kit for the 3.8 engine, then there's actually a small gain at lower rpm without any losses anywhere.

Also, just got a response about the 50 miles of light/moderate use before full throttle: it's intended to allow the driver acclimate to the increased power. So if you have experience with powerful vehicles already, just ease into it responsibly at your own pace once you have confirmed the install is fully complete with no leaks, etc. I don't have to worry about the fact that I disobeyed this instruction . I was getting worried that I may have potentially caused bad things by forgetting that instruction. No more holding back! TURBO!
    We need some audio! I want to hear this wastegate