Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    is there a discount from prodigy for the new turbo if you bought the "old turbo"?

just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post
    is there a discount from prodigy for the new turbo if you bought the "old turbo"?

just wondering.
    No discount. Details here: http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?26...=5280#post5280

I asked Atlanta Jeeps how they setup their PCV system (oil catch cans, etc). I got a reply starting with this:

The prodigy kits piping is too big on the up side, along with the turbo being too big. These items create horsepower and lag. When you want to make power down low, you use smaller diameter piping and a smaller turbo in order to make usable, steerable power.

The prodigy kit isn't practical. You should take it off and install ours, that way you will make real power that you will hear and feel the entire time your driving it at any throttle, and rpm band.

Ummm.. thanks? But I didn't ask about any of that.

They did get around to the topic I asked about... kinda. Rather than the general topic of the PCV setup, they responded specifically in terms of a particular problem they had with the PCV system (which I did not ask about, and I don't even have the same problem they had and solved):

As far as fixing the manifold pressure problem. These engines have weak Pistons and rings design. The pcv valve is bad and it took me six weeks to figure this part out and lots of money. I don't believe prodigy's numbers so therefor I can't trust them as a company. They are also our completion [sic] so I cannot reveal what I did in order to eliminate the problem. But I assure you if you purchase our kit, then you will have this annoying issue fixed, and you will have usabale [sic] power and you will feel like you got what you paid for. Thank you!

Ummm... so to get an answer about the general layout of their PCV catch can approach, I have to buy their kit? No thanks. I'll just wait for it to be available and look at pictures/descriptions of someone else's install, or look through the install guide myself. They can only keep it a secret until they sell their first kit.

And what does their distrust of Prodigy have to do with any of this? I think they're essentially saying they think I might be trying to steal secrets for Prodigy. I just wanted to know the general layout of their PCV system! I'm still undecided on what to do with my PCV system, so I was hoping they might be able to add some additional perspective for me to consider.
    Last edited by UselessPickles; 06-15-2015 at 09:22 AM.

pickles, does your current kit STILL not work right?