Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FieryRobot View Post
    Any word on your tune woes?
    Nope... I'm getting pretty frustrated. Up to this point, it's been all diagnostic. There has been plenty of email back and forth, but nothing of consequence. We found that the MAP sensor that came with the kit was not working correctly, but it is still idling (barely idling... more like laughing and hacking) pig rich. It won't go into gear without dying. I'm giving it another week or so, then I'm going to take it back to stock, try to get a refund, and get a V8 thrown in this thing...

Quote Originally Posted by rgeorge33 View Post
    Nope... I'm getting pretty frustrated. Up to this point, it's been all diagnostic. There has been plenty of email back and forth, but nothing of consequence. We found that the MAP sensor that came with the kit was not working correctly, but it is still idling (barely idling... more like laughing and hacking) pig rich. It won't go into gear without dying. I'm giving it another week or so, then I'm going to take it back to stock, try to get a refund, and get a V8 thrown in this thing...
    That is the worst news! nothing more terrible than getting all invasive with your truck and then the build doesn't pan out. I hope they can fix it. Do not tear it off until you are completely sure that its dead and buried. I don't have an SC but the others in this forum do like theirs, although there is a lot of talk about fine tuning.

This SC is soo new, you are one of the first. hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by rgeorge33 View Post
    Nope... I'm getting pretty frustrated. Up to this point, it's been all diagnostic. There has been plenty of email back and forth, but nothing of consequence. We found that the MAP sensor that came with the kit was not working correctly,
    Are the lights on your dash going crazy? Lightning bolts and what not? I had a bad map sensor once, We were in the rockies in a blizzard when it went. One of the scariest situations ive had in the truck. We had to shut the truck off while driving to get it rebooted. Turned off the ignition at highway speed. Carolina Pete was behind the wheel.

Dont lose heart. Any power mod has hiccups. You are a pioneer on this one, I havent seen one up close yet. What you can at least lean on is that sprintex is a real company, and they cannot afford to have your truck not working. Im confident, they are freaking out to get you sorted. Its going to be hard to sell a lot of these if people are taking them off.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Are the lights on your dash going crazy? Lightning bolts and what not? I had a bad map sensor once, We were in the rockies in a blizzard when it went. One of the scariest situations ive had in the truck. We had to shut the truck off while driving to get it rebooted. Turned off the ignition at highway speed. Carolina Pete was behind the wheel.

Dont lose heart. Any power mod has hiccups. You are a pioneer on this one, I havent seen one up close yet. What you can at least lean on is that sprintex is a real company, and they cannot afford to have your truck not working. Im confident, they are freaking out to get you sorted. Its going to be hard to sell a lot of these if people are taking them off.
    No christmas tree on the dash... The MAP sensor isn't completely non-functioning. It is reading incorrectly, so the incorrect values and scaling could cause the super-rich condition I'm experiencing. I'm waiting patiently for the UPS man to bring the MAP that Gary from Sprintex USA overnighted to me. I should know tonight if this is the magic bullet.