Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I like what snarf is doing here. Here's the issues I see. .02

The hood is beautiful. I especially like the upgrade from one sprayer to 2 as i think snarfs jeep is a 12.

Here's the drawbacks. 1. Its a 1k$ hood right? So your in the hole 1k unpainted, then you bring it to a shop for paint... this is a HUGE risk, even more huge when your talking about a metallic color thats difficult to match like the dark cherry.

When this paint shop messes up, what then? your out the money for the hood, and the paint, and you have a hood you don't want to use.

Is it possible that RK sport would release these hoods painted with real factory paint? So you know it will match perfect when you receive it? I'd pay extra for that.

Just having watched JL's problems with powder coat for BB makes you realize that all shops are not created equal, and he is near NYC. Imagine the problem of finding a good shop in wyoming? RKsport - If you are reading this, consider an option for selling painted hoods. I think quadratec sells AEV hoods matched with paint codes, so I'm pretty sure its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    I like what snarf is doing here. Here's the issues I see. .02

The hood is beautiful. I especially like the upgrade from one sprayer to 2 as i think snarfs jeep is a 12.

Here's the drawbacks. 1. Its a 1k$ hood right? So your in the hole 1k unpainted, then you bring it to a shop for paint... this is a HUGE risk, even more huge when your talking about a metallic color thats difficult to match like the dark cherry.

When this paint shop messes up, what then? your out the money for the hood, and the paint, and you have a hood you don't want to use.

Is it possible that RK sport would release these hoods painted with real factory paint? So you know it will match perfect when you receive it? I'd pay extra for that.

Just having watched JL's problems with powder coat for BB makes you realize that all shops are not created equal, and he is near NYC. Imagine the problem of finding a good shop in wyoming? RKsport - If you are reading this, consider an option for selling painted hoods. I think quadratec sells AEV hoods matched with paint codes, so I'm pretty sure its possible.

I see the point your making. It dosent matter how good RKsport makes the hood, if your pain shop ruins it. If they could do it all in house, It would be worth a few hundred more.