Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ross - I think you are talking about your 3rd and 4th gear stock dyno runs. I'm talking about Jessee's 3rd and 4th gear turbo dyno runs. The gear made a pretty big difference with the turbo. Want me to post a chart comparing them?

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Ross - I think you are talking about your 3rd and 4th gear stock dyno runs. I'm talking about Jessee's 3rd and 4th gear turbo dyno runs. The gear made a pretty big difference with the turbo. Want me to post a chart comparing them?
    3rd gear definitely showed lower peak number than 4th. This was 100% expected by the shop rolling the dyno and by me. Again - its the idea that a dyno is most accurate where a 1:1 ratio is achieved. I didn't do the math to figure out what gear had my 1:1, I just assumed I should use 4th as was done previously.

My higher axle gearing would have skewed my numbers down vice the factory 4.10s in a given gear. The higher gearing changes the engine's rate of acceleration as a matter of fact. Faster engine acceleration equals lower bhp. Again - the effect of this is different for every dyno manufacturer and the way it does its math.

I'm feeling another dyno run is in my future.