Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spent at least 5 hours out driving in the snow yesterday (we got just shy of a foot). Lots of time on hills in 4 low, and side roads in 4 high. Still zero vibrations, noises, or trouble from the driveshafts. I'm comfortable saying that these were a great decision for my Jeep. I look forward to not worrying any more about stock driveshafts exploding while off roading!

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    Spent at least 5 hours out driving in the snow yesterday (we got just shy of a foot). Lots of time on hills in 4 low, and side roads in 4 high. Still zero vibrations, noises, or trouble from the driveshafts. I'm comfortable saying that these were a great decision for my Jeep. I look forward to not worrying any more about stock driveshafts exploding while off roading!

I started to get a drivetrain vibration yesterday at lunch time. Got back to the office, crawled under the jeep and saw that the four bolts holding the rear 1350 to the transfer case flange were coming loose. I put some good torque on them when I installed them but I think I'll do more this go round! Also, I'm feeling some additional lock-tite is called for! Alls well that ends well but just a heads-up to those installing driveshafts, check the parts daily after you install until you're comfortable that they were tight. I checked mine on days 2 and 3, but it took about 200 miles for me to notice they were coming loose.