Close

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Im hoping to have the high altitude pulley on the RIPP this weekend
    How much extra boost do you expect the high elevation (ugh, high _altitude_ even though altitude is for airplanes, elevation is for "earth") pulley to provide at your elevation? Does RIPP really support using this pulley at sea-level type elevations?
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    How much extra boost do you expect the high elevation (ugh, high _altitude_ even though altitude is for airplanes, elevation is for "earth") pulley to provide at your elevation? Does RIPP really support using this pulley at sea-level type elevations?
    weather or not RIPP supports using it at sea level, im not sure.

However, im at sea level. and Im expecting it to make around 12lbs of boost. (Betty is supposed to have about 8lbs boost now)

Is the high altitude pulley going in this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by kevlar21 View Post
    also, jeeplab, do you have any plans to install the 8 psi pulley? if so please post reviews or dyno or whatever!
    Magnuson contacted me today and is sending the high altitude pulley. We will install both RIPP an Mag and report back.

For all you people having problems with surging my ripp was surging slightly until i dug into the problem more a preset tune is only as good as the person writing the tune. You cant blame the companies for having one truck with a bad tune you have to remember every truck is different and runs differently. To really get your jeep running 100 percent install a wideband gauge so you can monitor your air fuel ratios which is critical to a forced induction motor and pay a local tuner to dial in the air fuels spark fuel delivery at every point in the rpm band so you dont detonate your motor under boost conditions and youll know 100 percent your truck is dialed in and can handle what youll throw at it

Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    For all you people having problems with surging my ripp was surging slightly until i dug into the problem more a preset tune is only as good as the person writing the tune. You cant blame the companies for having one truck with a bad tune you have to remember every truck is different and runs differently. To really get your jeep running 100 percent install a wideband gauge so you can monitor your air fuel ratios which is critical to a forced induction motor and pay a local tuner to dial in the air fuels spark fuel delivery at every point in the rpm band so you dont detonate your motor under boost conditions and youll know 100 percent your truck is dialed in and can handle what youll throw at it
    WELCOME NEW GUY!

What does this cost?

the guage and the time to dial it in?
    Last edited by JeepLab; 08-09-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    WELCOME NEW GUY!

What does this cost?

the guage and the time to dial it in?
    The gauge i bought was an aem wideband and boost built in one it cost about 325 with full wire harness everything needed to get it hooked up it automatically dials itself in and took about 2 hours to install

A wide band gauge is useless if you don't have the knowledge, skills, and tools to adjust the tune of your vehicle based on the gauge readings.

How much does it cost to have a tuning shop dial in the tune for street driving?

Ive got the AEM wideband gauge and AEM boost gauge that needs to be installed. (Purchased them from Dan from Prodigy when i purchased the stage 1 kit) The shop will be installing this as well when they install my stage 2 and get everything dialed in. Hopefully they can do this Tomorrow before i leave on tuesday for a week..

My tune was 650 my jeep has never been more solid thru out the power band no more surging or hesitation