Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Day 5 of the Magnuson Install

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2683.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	1445

She is coming back together! They plan to start working on custom tune tomorrow and may take a couple of days... Rick Squire, founder and former owner of STS Turbo is a very sought after tuner and a performance motor fabricator... Our plans for tuning include a custom towing tune (Ski Boat) as well as a custom tune for blasting around town..

Still waiting to hear for the JL group about exhaust and intake... I had a magna flow exhaust and airaid intake on my 2012 JK and other than more exhaust noise, I didn't notice much difference... Any input would be helpful...

FF

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2683.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	1445
    Still waiting to hear for the JL group about exhaust and intake... I had a magna flow exhaust and airaid intake on my 2012 JK and other than more exhaust noise, I didn't notice much difference... Any input would be helpful...

FF
    Here's my take. We dyno'd before and after intake and exhaust. Ill dig up a link. it was 3 years ago, but I'll tell you, i remember liking the intake more than the exhaust, and both are for sound only. When you are putting the SC on, thats where your power is coming from, I dont think the exhaust matters as much as someone else will say.

In my book its more of a sound preference thing. I will say this, for sound preference, AFE has a good large intake, and it makes the pentastar yodel with the best of them. Mix that with the shriek of the supercharger and you have a winner. Id go for a quiet exhaust and let the engine bay make the music.