Quote Originally Posted by dalearyous View Post
anyway a lot of this is circumstantial and i have to agree with snarf, drive what feels best. clearly with your setup 4.56 drives best. it would be very hard to duplicate that as i don't know anyone in person that has a turbo or super charger. and maybe you can get away with 4.56 on 37s BECAUSE of the super charger ... or if you have a free RIPP supercharger i would be happy to be a guinea pig
"Drive what feels best" is no answer at all. Anyone can agree with that. The driver's goals will dictate what feels best, and with gears you rarely know how its going to feel until you've spent the money and ripped your diffs apart.

Im not against 5.13, please dont take it that way, Tonka, our JK on 40s has 5.13 and no SC and she feels fast. there are different opinions with regard to this related to driving style and location. In NJ you want to be able to drive fast as well as wheel. I also have a 4 to 1 transfer case that gives a little more freedom to run a little less gear.

the best information is for those of us who have actually done it to share with others what our trucks do mathematically now. Then others can get in their trucks and run their RPM up to where we say ours go to maintain highway speed, and see if thats livable for them.